Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

angryhampster posted:

I would just like to say that I absolutely loathe the idiots who ride around with their helmets strapped to the side of their GSXR/CBR or whatever. These people look even dumber than the people who don't own a helmet at all.

I'm assuming added to the end of that is 'instead of on their head'. Don't really see how carrying an extra helmet would irk anyone.

Also how is this any different than the guys riding a Harley with a bandana for head protection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
Yeah, spotty snow is scary as poo poo. Especially when it slushes and then freezes inside of a couple hours.

Random question: On a two-lane road, when I'm backing the bike in to parking on the right side, should I put on my left blinker (because I'm turning left to back it in) or the right blinker (to show I'm parking on the right)? I was thinking right, but then some guy tried to whip around me in a car as I turned left, and that was a near disaster.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

Oakey posted:

And lots of scooters. It kind of amuses me that the scooter riders in the city are way more hardcore than the bikers, even if they do tend to only wear jeans and a hoodie.

Second this. I've put 3000 miles on my bike since mid-September, and I've seen at least twice the amount of scooters this winter. I sometimes question if I should be riding in 37 degree weather with a downpour, and then I see a scooter in the mentioned getup come the other direction as if it were 70 degrees and sunny. Ridiculous.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nN9gFlBsI

Sounds amazing.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Just curious as my current commute is only about 2-3 miles, but looking at moving shortly and may have as much as a 30-40 mile commute each way. I don't currently own any of these but am really interested in hearing from owners or people who have ridden them vs. the get payed to play guys.

I own an r6, and I have to say the only time I've been seriously uncomfortable is during a trip with a heavy backpack and super cold temps over a distance of 150 miles. I've found that staying comfortable just means switching from full tuck to sitting upright, and the positions in between. If it doesn't feel like you're straining yourself to reach the handlebars (you're too short) then you shouldn't find yourself stuck in positions that eventually make you sore or uncomfortable.

I guess if anything about it is unbearable, it would be not being able to open up the drat thing except on freeways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
I'm 6'ish and weigh 175. Here's some pics from when I got it, since words only go so far.

You can see how bent my arms are, and how upright I am. I know most of my friends who sit on it can't get quite this vertical with both hands on the handlebars.

Standing next to it.