Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mhsneon
Jul 2, 2005

I work for Intel but AMD makes me hot
My 919 received its first battle scar yesterday. I was parking it at work and put the kick stand down and when I moved my foot it slipped and kicked the stand up and I fell over. I tried to stop it from going over, but it was past the point of no return. The bike fell on me which softened its fall. The only damage to the bike was a small scuff on the bottom of the alternator cover(you can only see it if you get on the ground) and it spun the clutch/mirror/assembly a bit(fixed it last night).

The 919 is 100lbs heavier then my 650, and it was very noticeable when it was falling over on me. One of my coworkers was walking by at the time and helped me pick it up. My only injuries are a pulled back muscle and sore arm from when the bike got lifted.

I haven't decided if I will try to sand the scuff and touch up paint it, I do not think it is worth buying a new cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU