Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I have a DS lite and an Acekard 2. When I bought the Acekard, I also got an EZ Flash 3-in-1, which never worked. I think it was around Christmas 2011 that I bought them. I did every trouble shooting thing I could find online but it either hangs on a white screen or the Game Boy screen when I try to load GBA roms. I have the Acekard firmware up to date, I've tried exploader and rom patching, and I've even opened the drat thing up to look at the insides for some troubleshooting guide.

So basically I assume I just got a defective 3-in-1 and I'm considering buying another one. Is that a good idea or is there some sort of incompatibility I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I updated the Acekard firmware and tried the newest exploader within the last two weeks so I probably will just buy a new one.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

There's no GBC hardware in the DS so it wouldn't run through a slot two device. I have the same setup you do and Shantae runs in Lameboy on my Acekard2 at 45fps with decent sound. Don't know how that compares to yours.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I didn't mess around with anything. I guess make sure you have the most recent AKAIO and Lameboy releases? Maybe try a different ROM?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I have an acekard and I like it quite a bit. It pops in and out like a regular game. I use it with the 3-in-1, but I haven't done linux or backup saves. I can't speak to the other carts as I haven't owned them.

• Locked thread