Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The John Bull
Sep 15, 2008

Fucking zombies.
I just finished rereading Perdido Street Station, and noticed something; The Runagate Rampant and others talk about the 'Eyespy Killer', who kills poor people, gouges out their eyes, and then dumps them in the river. This is what eventually happens to Ben Flex; after he is captured by the Militia and tortured, his body turns up without the eyes, and the Eyespy Killer has struck again. Then later on, when the Mayor makes the agreement with the Handlingers about trying to hunt down the moths, Stem-Fulcher asks Rudgutter how his eyes are doing. "Going," he said sadly. "We just can't solve the problem of rejection. It's about time for a fresh set". Obviously, Rudgutter / the Militia is behind the Eyespy murders, but I don't remember seeing anything in reference to it elsewhere. Did I miss something, or is this another thing put in to enforce the weirdness of the world and the brutality of New Crobuzon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The John Bull
Sep 15, 2008

Fucking zombies.

Lester B. Pearson posted:

I always pictured them thiner, like a normal cactus but with arms and legs

I keep trying to picture Cactacae as anything but this, but I just can't do it. :sigh: