Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Wow, I loved Iron Council, especially the end, and I find it weird that given the fantastic setting of the books that someone would have a problem with this detail of all things, given all the stuff that happens in other books. I mean ... in the previous book weren't they trying to attach a city of ships to a giant sea monster to pull them around? That's okay, but building a railroad as you go ... no that's just too far out of bounds!

Anyway, the ending is what sealed it for me with that book. The ending was pretty amazing and I agree that it would be hard to go on and write more in the same setting after that.

I haven't read TC&TC yet, but I definitely want to. It plays with a lot of ideas I have found fascinating for years, so I'm interested to see what he does with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU