Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substar
Jan 21, 2001

Goddamn, these books sound great. At least judging by the OP, not that terrible cover synopsis. I think I'll pick one up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substar
Jan 21, 2001

On the urging of this thread I went out looking for a Bas-Lag book and ended up buying The Scar last week. That book was amazing, I just couldn't put it down. I read it in 2 days and went right out and bought Perdido Street Station and Iron Council.

I'm about 1/2 way through Perdido Street Station right now, and while it's definitely a differently paced book, it's no less good that The Scar. I love Mieville's writing, especially Isaac's scenes. The science and pseudo-science stuff really appeals to the geek in me.

My only complaint is that I haven't heard about these books until now!