Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I would like to thank this thread for reminding me that there are a few more of Miéville's books that I've yet to read, so I requested them from my library. I own PSS and The Scar, enjoying The Scar more than PSS. I wanted to like Perdido more, but it took a while for the main plot to rumble around, and I really disliked the ending (although I loved every part with The Weaver). There's something about his writing style that makes me enjoy even parts I don't like, though.

(By the way, for you RPG nerds out there, the world of Bas-Lag was featured in issue #352 of Dragon magazine with input from Miéville himself. Really nice artwork, stats for the races and monsters, a nice explanation of the world and the city, and they even stat up the Possible Sword.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU