Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFS207
Oct 29, 2005
Here's one that I'm pretty sure is lost to the ages:

"The Adventures of Cornelius The Morbidly Obese MUNI Bus Driver"

Hyper-violent 30-odd page comic about a crack smoking MUNI bus driver that gets turned into a cyborg. It was loving hilarious. Was a link on Portal of Evil back in 2000-2001 or so. The site itself is long since gone and the old URL just leads to one of those generic domain-squatter pages. Here it is: http://www.rant-o-rama.com Also hosted there was a heartwarming comic about some guys that go on a "ROIDS RAGE" and destroy a trailer park or something.

Internet wayback machine is no help and every hit google picks up for the comic is just a link that directs to the same dead site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Rosado
Jul 3, 2007

I remember finding some mp3s of this band called something along the lines of "super mega fab" I think they were from hawaii or something, they had some decent tunes.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

There was some game on here where you made trees and animals and they would eat each other, someone on this site made it, I would appreciate it if anyone finds it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Here ya go. The english version is here: http://www.dontpressstart.com/pro/SF6/

And here's the website it was originally found on (doesn't work for me): http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/sf6.html

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks this was always a good watch.

I had watched it on the original website, but back in the day 56k=hours of loading. It was worth it.

The Enforcer
May 4, 2007

by LadyAmbien
There was an Mp3 going around on SA a few years back making fun of dogstar and his wife that was really funny, I remember it because at one point "she" said she was pregnant and she hopes that the baby doesn't inherit the "craaazy bitch gene" and how dogstar got cancer from having sex with an infected girl.

Wish I could find those again.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44
Oh yeah and the SA Podcast, has anyone seen that?

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Anyone ever heard of that ad parody for R-Swipe toilet tissue? It had a very proper sounding English gentleman (or maybe Australian) doing a speel for about a minute on all the wonderful virtues of their new breed of toilet paper. About the only line a can remember verbatim is "bog-dropping turd the size of a submarine"

I heard it on an Amiga demo disk nearly 20 years ago, it was just the audio with the channel 9 logo (Australian TV) on screen. Other than that I have no idea what it is called or where it is from originally. It is possible that it was never widespread, or it could easily be from a well known comedian.

Not really an internet thing, but being from the days of Amiga demo discs, it could possibly exist on Aminet, if only I knew what it was called.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
There was an image macro around here a long time ago, Arrow pointing two directions, in the middle was "Intelligent discussion" closer to the edges was "Biased but not stupid" and the very edges "loving RETARDED". Can't for the life of me find that anywhere.

we bleed red
Jan 23, 2008
I'm looking for some reverse necromancy here. Why the gently caress is Bodo.com still an active website, as I accessed it, like 14 years ago? bodo.com please someone explain this to me.

Edit: super, found my answer. "potential attack site" don't go there please.

we bleed red fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 14, 2008

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Does anyone remember school.mov?

I saw it on fugly.com years and year ago. It was this weird video of a pair of muppet children quivering in their desks as a larger muppet teacher in a black cloak stands in front of the blackboard and sings this really depressing song. Somehow I still remember the lyrics.

Little boy, little girl,
welcome to the real world!
Life is fast! There are rules!
That's what you learn in school.
ABC, 123,
And above all listen to me,
'Cause I'm up here! You're down there!
Someone will be above you everywhere!

Then this muppet bird starts singing more verses while the two poor little kids look so terrified. I haven't been able to find it since.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Some goon who worked for one of those "Learn English on Tape" places made a parody mp3 a long time ago. It was hilarious and awesome, and I want to give it to my girlfriend. She keeps asking me for mp3s to work on her English a la Pimsleur, so until I find something good I want her to have this.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Pudgygiant posted:

Anyone have that "what if real life was like an fps" movie? I remember it as being hilarious. The one where the guy lags down his stairs, and he runs around crouching?

Is this what you were talking about?

Quake in real life

Slob
Jul 9, 2002
I once had a small video of a burping vagina named "belch.avi". I lost it years ago and have not been able to find it.

Plague Dynasty
Aug 20, 2006

find revelations in life
find satisfaction in death
I remember a site a really long time ago that had fabricated interviews with retarded kids. I don't remember much about the individual interviews except one where the kid says something about 'monkey barrrwss'. I've tried some obvious searches with no luck at all.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm looking for a music video of this crazy piece of music which was posted in a salvia discussion thread about a year ago.

It was supposed to be like taking salvia.

It had a puppet and crazy animation.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Slob posted:

I once had a small video of a burping vagina named "belch.avi". I lost it years ago and have not been able to find it.

Please no one find this for him.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:

Junk posted:

Does anyone remember school.mov?

I saw it on fugly.com years and year ago. It was this weird video of a pair of muppet children quivering in their desks as a larger muppet teacher in a black cloak stands in front of the blackboard and sings this really depressing song. Somehow I still remember the lyrics.

Little boy, little girl,
welcome to the real world!
Life is fast! There are rules!
That's what you learn in school.
ABC, 123,
And above all listen to me,
'Cause I'm up here! You're down there!
Someone will be above you everywhere!

Then this muppet bird starts singing more verses while the two poor little kids look so terrified. I haven't been able to find it since.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMm5RE6rj0. The timing's off and the quality's a little low, but it's one of the only two copies I found online.

The same people also made a video of the teacher character running through a park up to the camera reciting the sonnet "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" Anyone know where a copy of that one is and/or the identity of the filmmakers?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Does anyone have the mp3's leftover from that one contest that happened a while back where people had to make up a song about Robocop getting a job at CNN? I lost my mp3 collection at some point and I can't refind those songs anywhere.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
I've always wanted to see Hamburglar's AOL page that he posted on SA one time. I loved everything about it: the pictures, the scrolling texts, the looped hip hop beats. If someone has it archived that would be awesome.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

CaptainHairdo posted:

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMm5RE6rj0. The timing's off and the quality's a little low, but it's one of the only two copies I found online.

The same people also made a video of the teacher character running through a park up to the camera reciting the sonnet "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" Anyone know where a copy of that one is and/or the identity of the filmmakers?

Jesus Christ! Thank you for finding this! Every time I see this thread pop up I ask for it but this is the first time anyone found it. I never saw this second half of it either.

Calmquake
Jul 6, 2007

HAY GUYS
I sincerely doubt anyone will know what I'm talking about, but.. I remember this flash animation from maybe five or six years ago? It was Japanese (I think) and featured this giant whale-like creature and the entire thing had a very cyberpunk kind of theme to it. I believe the whale thing sacrificed itself for some girl?

I really liked that thing and I'd love to see it again.

Also, if anyone has the full set of these pics, I'd be really grateful:

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

MrGreenShirt posted:

Quake in real life

Yes, thanks! Just as funny as I remember it but wow the narrator sounds really fruity in some places.

leor
Jul 3, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Flash link is broken. And it did confirm that rootstudio.org is his new site, but there's no navigation on that page. :(

It worked for me. I downloaded the video, but photobucket doesn't host swf for free members any more.

Any ideas where I can host it?

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
I used to have an old mov of a bunch of different clips of narcoleptic dogs and some generic drum and bass music playing the duration of it. I even remember seeing some clips of narcolepsy in humans as well...

I found a clip of one of the dogs, Rusty, but I was never able to find the drum and bass mov ever again :(

Autarch_Severian
Sep 8, 2007

Pudgygiant posted:

Yes, thanks! Just as funny as I remember it but wow the narrator sounds really fruity in some places.

whaaaaaat? isn't that the co-host from 'attack of the show'?

guitartanic
May 23, 2003

This city deserves a better class of crapatar.

KwegiboHB posted:

There was an image macro around here a long time ago, Arrow pointing two directions, in the middle was "Intelligent discussion" closer to the edges was "Biased but not stupid" and the very edges "loving RETARDED". Can't for the life of me find that anywhere.

That sounds a lot like a front page article that ran on SA a few years ago, praising being a political moderate.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rodbeard posted:

Does anyone have the mp3's leftover from that one contest that happened a while back where people had to make up a song about Robocop getting a job at CNN? I lost my mp3 collection at some point and I can't refind those songs anywhere.

If this is an actual thing, I am begging you guys to find it. That sounds like it might be either the funniest or stupidest thing ever, and I must hear it.

SG-83
Sep 6, 2004

I guess it's not just a dog thing!

Autarch_Severian posted:

whaaaaaat? isn't that the co-host from 'attack of the show'?
Yes, it is. :v:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Can anyone find a copy of the CD Consume Myself by 5lb Bag? The only thing I've managed to find in a few months of looking is a single track on Youtube, including contacting the band members and the studio that printed the album CD for them.

edit: They were unsigned, and only released that CD before breaking up.

Sihastru
May 17, 2007
How dare I write anything here ?

Calmquake posted:

THIS! Please, someone, anyone

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Pudgygiant posted:

Anyone have that "what if real life was like an fps" movie? I remember it as being hilarious. The one where the guy lags down his stairs, and he runs around crouching?
Aha! :eng101: I know exactly the ...

MrGreenShirt posted:

Quake in real life
:eng99: oh screw you!

deadkiller615 posted:

There was some game on here where you made trees and animals and they would eat each other, someone on this site made it, I would appreciate it if anyone finds it.
That sounds a bit like progeny:
http://www.not-included.net/progeny/readme.htm

My internet lost treasure:
Back when Quake 1 was still fresh, and the expansion pack Armagon came out, one of my mates had some kind of scripted demo that I vaguely recall. There was the obligatory heavy metal music and so on, with various scenes of exploding gibs, all in time to the music. The whole thing was totally :rock:. The only thing that I clearly remember is very last scene - where player A fires a single nail, the camera follows the nail into a dude at the other end of a long corridor, who then explodes in a shower of guts.
I'll be somewhat impressed if anyone even knows what the hell I'm talking about. Actually... this would be a candidate for the "things you know exist" thread.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
I remember some sort of parady mp3. It was tagged in the recording as being from "pranky.com" but I'm sure I found it somewhere else. The mp3 was called Frogaine and it was like an infomercial. I remember specifically it had a character named Tyrone Pimperton. Please internet, help me find this! You're my only hope...

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Anyone remember Waffle House Hoe? I can still remember the basic structure: Some guy banging on a pot with a spoon and the lyrics were "Goin down to the waffle house, pull down my pants and whip my dick out". It was pretty funny poo poo and he had a bunch of parody etc mp3s. It was waaay back, probably the late 90s. I cannot at all remember what his name is, anyone know?

Its not the lovely thing on youtube by Mr Bambu

no pubes yet sorry fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 10, 2008

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Once, I had the forums left open. You know how, at least in the old days, there was a thing on FYAD where if you left it open for long enough you heard a sample of a bloke going "hurrrrhhhghghh"?

Well this, I suspect, was one of those. Like I say, I had the computer on, the forums open, and suddenly I heard a sound that I've wanted to hear again ever since.

It was a bright and celebratory fanfare, with a sort of chip music sound to it, and it ended with a man bellowing "INTERNET!" in a happy voice.

Can anyone help me hear it again and explain why it played?

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Squish posted:

My internet lost treasure:
Back when Quake 1 was still fresh, and the expansion pack Armagon came out, one of my mates had some kind of scripted demo that I vaguely recall. There was the obligatory heavy metal music and so on, with various scenes of exploding gibs, all in time to the music. The whole thing was totally :rock:. The only thing that I clearly remember is very last scene - where player A fires a single nail, the camera follows the nail into a dude at the other end of a long corridor, who then explodes in a shower of guts.
I'll be somewhat impressed if anyone even knows what the hell I'm talking about. Actually... this would be a candidate for the "things you know exist" thread.

Are you talking about the original team fortress intro?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krH1ipIlOLQ

freakobaggins
Jul 27, 2006
Does anyone have a link to the thread discussing names for kids and someone out of the blue suggested ARACHNOTRON as a name, the following post was a teacher doing roll call and went something along the lines of:

'Peter?'
'present miss'
'Jeannie?'
[raises hand]
'Arachnotron?
'ARACHNOTRON IS HERE'

I swear to god, that and the thread about childrens essays were the funniest things I'd ever read.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right

leor posted:

Oh god.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,987156-1,00.html

I read that page before reading your blurb under it. It's so bizarre - the page was last updated in 1997, probably only months before he killed some kid.

This kid lived like two towns over from me. Someone I knew was actually like best friends with Eddie, the victim, and it really affected the community when Eddie was killed.

Apparently the kid was selling chocolate or something door-to-door, knocked on the door and was told to go away. The rumor was that Eddie (the kid) was in a development looking for a girl he liked but he wasn't familiar with the neighborhood. He came back later and knocked on the door again and...well, the rest made the national news.

After that, we weren't supposed to sell door-to-door anymore.

OdorousTobacco fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 10, 2008

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

rodbeard posted:

YES!! I don't think I have all of them, but I know I do have two or three.

I also have a ton of MP3's from the "reading livejournal out loud" thread from years ago. Albrot did some incredible ones.

Track
Feb 8, 2007
I've always been looking for this video:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/man-plays-super-mario-bros-for-the-first-time-183583.php

It's some japanese comedian playing super mario for the first time and he was really bad at it. I remember it being pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

we bleed red posted:

I'm looking for some reverse necromancy here. Why the gently caress is Bodo.com still an active website, as I accessed it, like 14 years ago? https://www.bodo.com please someone explain this to me.

I'm not sure, but I can tell you that Firefox flipped the gently caress out when I clicked the link and said it was a "potential attack site."

• Locked thread