Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rodbeard posted:

Does anyone have the mp3's leftover from that one contest that happened a while back where people had to make up a song about Robocop getting a job at CNN? I lost my mp3 collection at some point and I can't refind those songs anywhere.

If this is an actual thing, I am begging you guys to find it. That sounds like it might be either the funniest or stupidest thing ever, and I must hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

life_source posted:

The second was another puzzle game. You were a ball, and you had to get from Point A, to Point B through a maze. There were all kinds of thing that would inhibit you, stuff the pushed you back, magnets possibly, moving parts. This game also had a custom level creator if that helps.

I'm fairly certain you're thinking of Marble Madness.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

About a year or two ago, there was this news story about some violent anti-emo public disturbance in Russia. I'm not too sure what the entire story was, but it involved emos and some other groups in a public square or somethiung and it turned ugly pretty fast. There was this one picture that had a group of 6-7 emos all huddled together looking absolutely petrified while riot police (or rioters) is closing in. That one picture is what I'm looking for, I'm pretty sure it exists though it was a while ago.

I remember the news story. It was because Russia made being Emo illegal or some such nonsense, the Emos all protested, and the cops came in and things went from there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

blazelust posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsXFrUvMFk&yt

I hope you're aware of what I suffered through for your sake.

You know how in HP Lovecraft stories, he often reffers to things so horrible that they are beyond words, and how seeing them would make even the sanest, most well balanced human turn into a writhing mass of insanity and neuroses? This is the audio version of that. Especially the "drum solo." This is what the chanting of Cthulhu cults would sound like.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mine is a bit easier than some of these, but GIS has let me down with every combination I've tried. It's a picture of a soldier, in Vietnam I believe, from behind. He has a guitar and a gun both strapped to his back. The higher the resolution the better.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rattus Amicus posted:

This one?

That's the one. Thanks a lot!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This technically isn't internet, but so help me god, if someone helps me find this I will love them for the rest of my loving life.

Back around 1999/2000, there was a show called "Happy Hour" on USA hosted by Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa. It was sort of like Whose Line Is It Anyway meets a concert show meets a battle of the sexes. Now, I'd be happy to find any episodes of it at all, but there is one episode/moment in particular that remains one of the greatest things I've ever seen and basically single-handedly created my love of improv. There was an episode that Wayne Brady was on, and according to Ahmet's "calculations" (just like on Whose Line, the points were more of a jokey schtick than anything) the men were losing horribly, but the Zappa brothers offered the men an opportunity to redeem themselves. They requested that Wayne do an improv song about his experiences on the night, bonus points if he included the phrases "Raccoon bacon" and "Chicken pot pie". Seemingly effortlessly, Wayne does it. Ahmet's reaction remains forever etched in my memory. I'd kill to see that again.

For the record, the women still won, which was a crock of poo poo because the song was loving incredible. :argh:

EDIT: Again, technically not internet, but I didn't know where else to ask. I need help, goons. :( Also, I'd assume there are really no files issues here since AFAIK the show is not commercially available and if it did ever become so, I'd buy a hat just to eat it.

SON OF EDIT: Good Lord, the show doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry. That's loving depressing. :smith: Surely someone else remembers it besides me? I think I still have it on VHS somewhere but damned if I recall where.

I don't remember the moment, but I remember the show. Every episode was pretty much all around hilarious. I remember each episode would open with Ahmet singing a song while Dweezil played guitar, and it was usually a cover of some popular song done in a weird way. I loved that show when it was on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone, I think from these forums, made an edit to Shawshank Redemption where it's Freeman reading the letter, but changed it so it said "I have decided...TO BECOME THE ROCKETEER!" and then just cuts into clips of the Rocketeer. Does anyone still have this?

• Locked thread