Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

uberknarf posted:

I've got a request as well. I came across a picture of what looked like a theater-style undergrad lecture hall (staggered seating, each row on a progressively higher level). The entire class, probably 100 people or more, all had Mac laptops, save for one poor soul. This guy had a Dell or Compaq or something like that, and the point of the picture was to have him singled out (the only one without the glowing apple). Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This was at the Mizzou (University of Missouri at Columbia) school of journalism. IIRC they require you to use Mac software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

JD posted:

There was two videos on youtube
There were two videos on youtube. :eng101:

But to be helpful, the animatronic band is called "The Rockafire Explosion" and is found at "Showbiz Pizza Place" restaurants.

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*
I want to see the site where Pitchfork Media's email gets hacked. Pitchfork is a pretentious music review site, and a forum called Hipinion found the owner's email inbox and posted it online. The thread at hipinion is gone, who's got a mirror?

Heh, it seems someone else wants it too: Help me find the Pitchfork hack site

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Rakthar posted:

I've been looking for those two items for the last few years with no luck. If anyone has any ideas of how I can look for them, even if you don't know which movies they were if you have any techniques for finding movies I'd appreciate em.

You might have more luck at Post The Plot Of That Movie That You Can't Remember The Name Of Here

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Nelsocracy posted:

I'm looking for a website a goon made, I'm almost certain it was called Track Everything.

The idea was that you could track anything you wanted in it, like hours slept, mood, excersize, and it would make charts of them and you could look for a connection between it.

I hope this is still up.

I remember this. It was in SHSC. I followed its progress for a while but lost interest.

EDIT: After digging through the archives, I'm not certain it was SHSC. But I remember posting in that thread around December 29 2008.

Prof. Numbers fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 7, 2010

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Having a little difficulty as there's a lot of server traffic at the moment, but the only other similar program I can think of also requires purchasing an account. Still I'll keep at it, I'm sure I can find a window when there's enough bandwidth for non-members. Thanks!

I put it up on TinDeck.

P.S.

uberknarf posted:

Just came across another one as well. Hoping for good karma...

Has anyone come across the re-write of Othello referred to here?

I've never seen this, but would like to...

How about Romeo and Juliet via conversations of people recounting what they remember about the play.

Prof. Numbers fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 7, 2010

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Daimo posted:

Can anyone tell me the address of a website that posted cool articles (mainly science and tech) that was relatively unknown. I think the site was yellow and may/may not have had yellow hazard tape as a border. I used to visit daily but its completely left my head over about a year, thanks.

drat Interesting? They've redesigned recently.

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Lady Gaga posted:

A few years ago, a SA goon by the name of Rachel Moss went to the feminist convention WisCon and chronicled the various fat, stupid, and ugly people she met there.

I remember this. I think the thread got closed after some buzzkill played Internet Detective. I will see if I can find it.

EDIT: It was deleted. Mirror

Prof. Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 30, 2010

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Rough Lobster posted:

Awhile ago on here I saw a link to a site that had scans of these sheets that bands and performers made about their accommodations. They had things like what type of dressing rooms and what type of food. Some of them were really specific and over the top. It had a wide variety of bands.

Anyone know what I mean?

'Riders' is the term you're looking for. The Smoking Gun has a lot of them, is that it?

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Imapanda posted:

Does anyone have the link to this one GBS thread which ended a few months ago called something like "Ask me about being from another planet" or "I'm an alien" or something like that. The thread was very popular and lasted over half a year. But I cannot find anything in SA Search and google.

"I am an alien", found via "Anyone remeber that thread where.. Lost SA stuff thread".

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*
Goon Love Is The Best Love and the other GLITBL threads

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Friends Are Evil posted:

Does anyone have the DeviantArt game thread that used to be on here? If I recall, it was basically trying to get a search without getting furry pictures. I don't have search and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Blobone posted:

Here.

Oh thank you, I wanted to see this too. I had mis-remembered the title as "Deviant Art: Try Not To Find Furries"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Toastline posted:

There was a trailer for a fake American movie, done by some French folks IIRC. It had a lot of cursing, and I think ended with the phrase "It's a gently caress." Pretty sure I saw it on youtube, linked in an SA thread some time...

Les inconnus - gently caress you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpUfspL8ls

• Locked thread