Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

runawayjim455 posted:

I am looking for a story (or thread) about a guy who was working in a professional-type office setting, and then began to work less and less until his job was basically sitting in an office doing absolutely nothing. The department lost track of him or something, so he never had a manager or had to do any work whatsoever.

Thanks in advance if anyone can parse my partial memories.

Can't remember what it was called, but I know this came up earlier in the thread so if anyone has SALR you can search the thread for the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Lovie Unsmith posted:

I believe it's called The American Dream. It gets requested frequently in this thread.

Yep, here it is

http://shii.org/knows/American_Dream

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm looking for a cartoon that's about someone saying they have to write a paper or do homework, the next frame they say "finally finished!" or something and the last frame shows a big Minecraft creation.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm looking for this video - seems like lots of people are from Googling. Here's how one person described it:

quote:

This reminds me of a television interview I saw many years ago. A reporter
from one of the major US television networks (I forget which one) was
interviewing black British athlete Kriss Akabusi after being a member of
the 400 metres relay team that took the gold medal at the 1991 Athletics
World Championships. The interviewer started off with:

"So, Kriss, what does this mean to you as an African-American?"

"I'm not American, I'm British"

"Yes, but as a British African-American ..."

"I'm not African. I'm not American. I'm British."

This went on for some time before the reporter got so flustered that she
gave up and went to interview someone else. I guess more than anything
else it demonstrates the potential absurdity of political correctness -- this reporter
was so tied-up with the idea that the "correct" term for
someone of afro-caribbean ancestry was African-American and not Black that
she couldn't cope with the fact that many black people are neither African
nor American.

I know I saw this video at one point so it must exist

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mercedes posted:

Internet peoples! I'm trying to find a children's book on manners. It was a family of rabbits, and their cousin rabbit was weird and wore a hairband with stars attached to it. It taught how to behave at birthday parties, while travelling and while spending the night at your friend's house. Please help!

Was it the My Little Golden Book of Manners? It's not only rabbits, but it does have rabbits on how to behave at birthday parties.

• Locked thread