Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't really internet related but I read about the story here, it became like a 100 page thread, and I can't seem to find an update. I am referring to the news story over a year ago about some psychopath of a 20 year old who decapitated cats of neighbors of his (I think he killed like 26 of them). Just wondering whatever happened to this interesting young man in terms of prison sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Did the kid who suffocated 2 kittens on video ever get caught/brought to internet justice?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This is weird because I know exactly the photo I am looking for, but it seems to be lost on the internet forever (or at least according to Google).

Once, about 5 years ago, I saw a picture someone made of Kevin Eubanks, Jay Leno's guitarist, saying "THAT'S COLD, JAY", but it looked like it was from a Game Boy or NES game. It intentionally was made to look like a screen shot from an old 8-bit game. Where is this from, and more importantly, why can't I find it?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's definitely Touch Tone Terrorists aka Junkyard Willie Tapes. He's got like 5 albums and they're all gold (though they don't have The Jerky Boys level of replayability/quoteability). Phonelosers.org sets up similar pranks but the specific janitor working at a bank was definitely Touch Tone Terrorists.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Castle Radium posted:

The other thing I'm after is a series of games you used to be able to get from AOL's game pages back in the 90s. Most of the stuff they had to download was shareware or Gamemaker crap, but there was also a series of adventure games similar to the early Sierra style(you control the character on screen with text commands), but very, very crude graphically, possibly DOS-based. Imagine Leisure Suit Larry, but programmed on a 2600. I must've played a couple of these, but the only one I remember clearly was a detective game where you had to a solve a murder, as it was one of the few times you could actually die. I'm pretty sure they were terrible, but I'm just curious if anyone remembers these and can tell me what the hell they were.

I checked out AOL 3.0 not that long ago as a sort of nostalgia trip to see what still worked, and surprisingly, a lot of keywords and downloads were still there. Here's a recent screen shot of a keyword I went to:

It might still be there. Get a Windows XP (or older) machine, download AOL 3.0 or 4.0 from oldversion.com, and get to checkin'!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

MrSlam posted:

There was a short youtube video back in the day. It was less than 10 seconds long and looked like it was ripped from an old VHS tape. It consisted of a claymation head with human eyes shouting "NoooOOOO NOOOooo" in a distorted voice. Good luck finding Shouting Claymation Head on youtube. I think it was in the same vein as that Mark Twain Satan claymation video, or at least those two videos ran in the same circle.

You sure this isn't "Mr. Bill"? He was a claymation that shouted "nooooooo" all the time.

• Locked thread