Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
I used to have an old mov of a bunch of different clips of narcoleptic dogs and some generic drum and bass music playing the duration of it. I even remember seeing some clips of narcolepsy in humans as well...

I found a clip of one of the dogs, Rusty, but I was never able to find the drum and bass mov ever again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Wicker Man posted:

-"the running retard hitting a bed video (?)" A friend of mine told me he saw a video on the internet of a retarded guy who was sleep deprived for a few days was blindfolded and taken into a room by some guys where there was a bed. Apparently one of them put a metal plate or something under the sheets, so when they took off the blindfold, the retarded guy saw the bed, shouted "YAY, BED!!!", ran at it full-on, and fell face first on it, smashing himself on the metal plate underneath. I am not sure if it exists or not.

That just makes me sad. :smith:

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

I've got two videos I remember, but cannot find.

1. "Techno Anime" - I could be wrong, but I think I remember the title being something stupidly vague like that. This wasn't some kid editing a bunch of anime together to an electronica song, but a complete short film.

Things I remember about the video:

- It was about souls (I think). They would get separated from people and harvested by some bad guy. He would have a big robot he controlled like a puppet, and go around eating them up.

- There was a group of rogues who would try to free these soul things. In the end they eventually get the bad guy eaten by his own robot.

- The end credits were a bunch of the kids in the film singing something in English.

2. Narcoleptic Puppies

This was pre-youtube. Some .mov file I had on my computer forever. It was a bunch of clips of narcoleptic puppies.

Things I remember:
- The video looked like a VHS rip.

- The most interesting thing is that it had generic drum and bass music playing throughout.

- The very end started showing clips of narcolepsy in humans, including a child and someone playing pool and falling asleep I think? It was a little sad, actually.

Any ideas on either of these would be great, thanks!

Treytor fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 10, 2010

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm looking for a video of a depressed girl in a Q-bert costume. During the video she meets a guy dressed up as moon patrol.

Pretty sure it's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usOSc3PuRvY

Treytor fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 16, 2010

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

It most certainly had this video in it, but it was a bunch of other clips too. Plus the drum and bass music underneath.

Treytor posted:

"Techno Anime" - I could be wrong, but I think I remember the title being something stupidly vague like that. This wasn't some kid editing a bunch of anime together to an electronica song, but a complete short film.

Things I remember about the video:

- It was about souls (I think). They would get separated from people and harvested by some bad guy. He would have a big robot he controlled like a puppet, and go around eating them up.

- There was a group of rogues who would try to free these soul things. In the end they eventually get the bad guy eaten by his own robot.

- The end credits were a bunch of the kids in the film singing something in English.

I wanted to re-post this as I was trying to figure it out again today :(

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Jewbert Jewstein posted:

I remember this computer game from years ago when I was a kid that was one giant puzzle. You traveled to all of these different places and had to gather items and clues and crack codes. That was the whole game. I remember there were no people in the game, two levels I remember include an airplane hangar and a sphinx, and in the sphinx level you needed to use a mirror to reflect light to the top of the Great Pyramids to solve the puzzle.

I wish I had more details. I don't even know what the plot line/objective of the game was. But it was a really fun game and I bet I'd enjoy it if I picked it up again today. Can you goons find my mystery game with only these lovely clues?

Was it Belief & Betrayal? I know you said no people but this game has puzzles that match your description.

http://www.beliefandbetrayal-game.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Astroman posted:

Been spending some time just trying to find an appropriate thread to ask this request, but I think this may be the droid I'm looking for.

Last year there was a cool little website that played various streaming Christmas specials from the 70s and 80s...cartoons, the Perfect Strangers Christmas episode, etc. It looked like a tv and you could switch to different "channels" playing different shows. They had the loving Pac Man cartoon holiday special and everything.

Is this dead? Is it back? Cause I'm jonesin for it right about now! My inability to find it via Google makes me believe it's either dead or not up this year, but it could just be an underground thing.

http://betamaxmas.com/

• Locked thread