Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Zuffox posted:

I've always wondered: What the hell are "Separators" in Bookmarks, and how do I use them fruitfully? My bookmarks are a mess, even though I try to organize them, so an additional way to manage the mess would be great.

Also:

They are exactly what they sound like, you just need to switch the view to Sort by My Order to use them.
I am not familiar with iTunes, but you might be able to remove it from the Programs section in advanced preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I've had a minor annoyance with the email client in Opera. There is a ghost email under All messages -> Received. It says 1 is unread even though all emails are read. :ghost:
I tried this and it didn't work.
Anyone have any ideas? I could try deleting all the email databases and redownload everything but I'd rather not since I have 10000+ emails saved across multiple accounts.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Mithaldu posted:

Activate all the entries in the "view" menu so it isn't hiding any newsletters or whatever. Also, try restarting the browser. Mine is always a bit sluggish in updating the number on "All Messages".

That did the trick, thanks :)

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
This might be the best for the future, I hope they continue releasing security updates for Opera 12 though. Once they get 15 going though, it would release a lot of development time from constantly working on the engine so they can concentrate on features. But really, Opera 15 has nothing that made Opera my favorite browser so I'll be using 12 until then.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I still don't get 15. The whole point of Opera to me was that it was an all-in-one deal. No extensions needed and a feature rich default setup. If you have too much time on your hands, you could get in the configs and edit everything to your liking and very few extensions were desired (most could be replicated using UserJS anyway). It is why I switched to Opera in Opera 7 and stuck with it for so long.

Webkit is a good long-term decision, Opera has always had excellent rendering engines but such a low market-share that hardly anyone tested it for compatibility. Then web pages became much more complex in the last few years with tons of new Javascript functionality that Opera really fell behind on compatibility. But there is hardly any point to using 15.

But I don't see the point in using it until it becomes that feature-rich all-in-one browser again, which they don't seem to want to make it into again. Sad thing is, I think Chrome is the best browser right now. Mainly the way it keeps each tab in separate processes so if one crashes, it doesn't bring the whole thing down with it. That is the reason I don't use Firefox. Downside to that is how memory-hungry Chrome is, but that is not much of concern in the days of cheap 16GB RAM.

Sadly I don't think Opera in general has good long-term prospects. It used to be the mobile browser for early Smartphones. Not so much anymore.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Just found out about Vivaldi yesterday. Definitely has the Opera feel but I've ran into a weird bug where it doesn't end the vivaldi.exe tasks when closing the browser. Think it might be related to downloading a large file in the background. Caused youtube to keep playing sound even though I closed the tab, anyone else get this?

edit: Easy reproduce
Go here, start downloading 10Gbit test file: http://ovh.net/files
Play a youtube video with sound
Close Vivaldi

Task/youtube keeps playing. Even if you re-open vivaldi and stop the download then exit again, it continues. Have to kill the tasks with task manager instead.

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 28, 2017

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Did my part and submitted a bug report for it. I'll still try to get by with Vivaldi alone, hopefully I don't resort to installing Chrome. Definitely buggy enough that I can't recommend it to others yet though.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Am I the only one annoyed by Vivaldi selecting what I'm typing while typing and losing typed characters? Kind of hard to explain but like if I type "gmail.com" at a certain pace it it will select letters as I'm typing and I can end up losing characters and end up with "gmai.com"

It's annoying enough that I am thinking about switching to Firefox because of it

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Saukkis posted:

Sounds like that has been fixed in 1.14.1077.45, VB-35695. "CTRL+ENTER in address bar deletes last typed character"

Glad it's fixed. That bug basically completely broke control enter. And even worse gmai.com is some spam site and it starts wanting to go there instead of gmail.com because its shorter and you visited before, took me a while to notice you can delete Visited addresses with the X in the dropdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Hmm I still have the problem with 1.14.1077.45
If I type too fast to a URL I've been too before, the last character just gets selected and eaten up. I think it's unrelated to the Ctrl Enter bug but similar.

After typing the letters g-m-a-i-l into address bar

Finishing it with (dot)-c-o-m

Funny thing is, gmail.com is only address I can replicate this with. Like some sort of lag while typing it causes the L I type to not be recognized as typed. Submitted it as a bug report.