Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Pissingintowind posted:

A few questions:

1. How do I remove the system tray icon?

2. If I use the RSS reader, do I need to have the mail client enabled? If not, how do I remove the mail client?

-notrayicon -nomail on the shortcut.

Dunno about #3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cedra posted:

Is there a way to make use of the space that the File bar has, I looked at Arcticthunder's screens and see he's removed it entirely. I'd just like to customize it myself, since I'm at 1280x800 and it feels kinda cramped compared to my Classic Compact FF setup, where everything except is on 3 lines (NAvigation and Addr bar alongside the File bar, Tabs and personal bookmark hotbar by themselves).

You can drag any icon onto any bar you want under "Customize", you know. Go to "Buttons", pick and choose whatever you like, put it on any bar you have visible.

Also I was going to recommend a skin but it seems like Emil is a bit slimmer, so it's not much use. Sorry.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm on 9.63 and it just worked fine. Tweak any settings lately?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Piney posted:

I have a weird thing going on with Opera running version 9.63 under Windows 7 build 7000. When I hit the middle mouse button to quickscroll, it looks like this:

Every now and then it will "refresh" so I see what's actually under there. This is with an ATI X800 running the latest Vista drivers, so I know I shouldn't expect too much. Is this Opera, my video card or just plain old Windows beta? Anyone have the same problem?

I had that on my last PC, so for all I know it could be an ATI glitch (this one has an NVIDIA), but yeah, scrolling too fast would get the stutter for a sec before it caught up. It tended to be in memory-intensive moments (like opening 10 tabs and trying to browse in another). Unless it gets stuck like that, I don't think there's any real harm (or fixes).

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 14, 2009

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Bobcats posted:

Why does Opera choke and stutter on large flash videos like HD Youtube? Works fine on Firefox and IE.

I've only seen that happen when it's still loading on my machine. Sure it's not just a "too busy" thing?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Whenever I try to view a streaming video, it ends abruptly after the first few seconds.

I'm using Opera 10 beta.

What's going on? :(

According to what someone told me once, that's not the browser, but a Flash bug. I've known some IE/Firefox people who had it too.

Still have to reset the browser to fix it, gently caress only knows why.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Same here, 9.64 loaded it and ran the little tartan maker smoothly.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

hobolooter posted:

Also how many of you are using the Tango_Cl theme? I honestly can't use Opera on any operating system without it installed.

I use Mirage Aprice myself. Streamlined, matches my dark theme, clean buttons.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Zuffox posted:

Also: Anyone using Opera for DeviantART? It seems to blow up on the site constantly, even though you'd think they wouldn't want that happening.

What do you mean by that? I've only browsed with it, but nothing seems broken that I can tell. Does yours look like this too:

Well, aside from a couple of their advertisers triggering Avast! flags, but that just takes a simple adblock when they show up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Zuffox posted:

Try testing their JS by going to profiles, browse galleries. Should only take a few secs for it to lock up. Front page might not brick Opera right off the bat.

I'm not seeing it. I'm opening multiple tabs here to test, some gallery, some profile, some just pictures.

What are your Java options/what version are you using? I seem to have Java v6 update 12 installed, Opera 9.64 telling me it's using "Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh. Yeah that might be it. Well, I guess forget I said anything and report it, then. It's stuff like that which keeps me from switching over to the test builds on a full-time basis yet.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Wheany posted:

Opera can do the dumbest stuff

I think I have a new toy for when I need to screenshot something extremely obvious.

Speaking of the obvious, and this is probably more user error than anything: just upgraded VLC to 1.0.0, but something flipped out and now Opera no longer has the plugin for streaming audio/video. I cannot figure out how to get ANY player on this PC (vista 64-bit) to recognize Opera 9.64 as something needing a goddamn hand here. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Trying to use the link that a busted stream gives me takes me to Microsoft's site for... XP downloads of WMP, no plugin, and none on their site for Vista I can find.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Funnehman posted:

The far left bookmark is for facebook, you can see the favicon shows up on the tab, but not the bookmark list. Anybody know how to fix this?

Go to the Appdata\Local\Opera\profile\images (or wherever XP's equivalent is, I forget the proper folder offhand- it may just be under Opera's data in Program Files) and delete the stored icon there so it's not cached improperly.

I've had this bug a few times too, it seems to be a thing that happens very rarely when you stop one page loading and then open another in that tab, the icon from the previous is used for the new one and the bookmark sticks with that one.

edit: or maybe someone has a simpler one, whoops! Now I learned something too. (or not because I can't get this to work on one I had with a bugged icon)

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 15, 2009

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

ufarn posted:

New snapshot.

Also, check out these skins; the Steam skin in particular looks great. I'm considering replacing the default theme with it. Only downside to it is that the favicons in the tabs (and text if you have that enabled, I guess) aren't as big as with the default theme. It's not a problem to people who regularly have twenty-or-more tabs open, of course.

Fixed those for you. (Nice skins, though, agreed.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Hey, can someone tell me if this RC lets you log into Youtube properly? Because since they changed the site like a week ago 9.64 no longer works there, and if this fixes that bug I think it's time to hop on the 10 bandwagon.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

sm8000 posted:

I'm using 9.64 and I just signed into YouTube with no hassle.

...really? Then what the gently caress. I have cookies enabled, nothing blocked on the site, and anytime I log in it just redirects me to the front page of the site with "Create Account/Sign In" still in the corner, mocking me.

I can't even think it's a cache thing since that would make Youtube the only site having this issue and my cache settings told to refresh anything it can.

I'll try the release candidate and see if that does a drat thing, I guess.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Satire Forum Mom posted:

make sure Tools > Preferences > Cookies > Advanced > Accept cookies is selected

I have it set on "accept only from sites I visit". That's seriously gonna gently caress the login up?

I mean, if I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, I just didn't think that was the issue.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

sm8000 posted:

What UserJSes do you have installed?

Absolutely none. The only editing of sites I use is blocking any ad server that trips Avast's filter and I leave it at that.

I'm slightly shite at this sometimes.

Hell, maybe I should just try that reinstall thing and see if that cleans it up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

gibbed posted:

Are the RCs supposed to show up in "Check for Updates"? Tells me RC1 is the latest version.

Opera blog posted:

The build will not be available as an automatic update either, since it's Friday.

So yeah.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Liking the new features (for instance, it just decided to tell me "badass" fails a spellcheck... as does "spellcheck"), but goddamnit, for some reason menu font size refuses to be changed from "too drat large". I don't know why, but even manually reskinning it doesn't make the thing work properly with the rest of Windows' theme. 9 was working perfectly in this regard.

Anyone else having this?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Now I just have a baby icon and blank space. And anything with its own icon is still huge, so that's out. I'm not manually editing every bookmark I ever make.

Goddamnit. Well, gently caress it, I'll deal with it in the morning. It's too late to give a poo poo about the niceties of this. (Oh look! It's on EVERY SKIN now. Hooray for glitches.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Hu-loving-zzah, they fixed that font size issue that dogged me in the last one.

Welp, I'm back to being 100% happy with the browser now.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Hey, apparently the auto-updater on my 10.10 install didn't catch wind of 10.50's existence. Wonderful. Manually updating has me worried though, as first bootup involved an instant crash loop when pulling my old tabs up, then a second one when the "Crash submitted" page loaded.

Now I have things like this going down:

Since I don't recall anyone mentioning something like this I'm assuming the bug's on my end, but can anyone think of a better solution than uninstalling/reinstalling or a setting I might have to blame?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, this one I vaguely recall hearing mentioned in here but can't spot again: now the "view new posts" dialogue sticks to one post and just keeps jumping there when I click a thread.

I think I may try uninstalling and reinstalling after hitting the grocery store unless anyone knows what the gently caress went wrong here.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Mother of poo poo, it's still got that same "let's make all menus gray and unreadable" glitch going on even after a full wipe, and it shat itself trying to import bookmarks it saved perfectly not even an hour ago.

Also that loving new post glitch is still continuing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Hirez posted:

God I hate Opera now... been using it for like 10 years but this latest auto-update seemed to have hosed up everything :argh:

At least I am not the only one anymore, even if I have gotten used to this over the past week.

The glitch where all my bookmarks disappear if I back them up is pretty nasty though! Takes a reboot to fix it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lakitu7 posted:

Another entry for the list of "upgrade installs are broken; new installs fix everything."

Not that that's particularly excusable but it's basically the main consequence that's come from this release being rushed. Further, it was rushed to get into the Windows browser menu thing, which would affect only new users who won't have any of those issues.

Yeah but it DIDN'T fix a lot for me when I reinstalled. I flattened, deleted the fucker's leftover files, and still have a bunch of bugs on a fresh install.

This is just a crap release. The first I've had in 5+ years with the browser, so I'll stick with it, but...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Casao posted:

You say you deleted the leftover files, but did you go to your AppData directory and delete the Profile and such in there? That's generally the cause of problems in an upgrade, not the poo poo in Program Files.

No, really. When I said "flattened" I mean SCORCHED EARTH, SEARCH OUT EVERY OPERA FILE AND KILL IT IN THE REGISTRY JUST IN CASE.

Still flaky here and there. At this point I've just gotten used to it and I'm waiting for the next stable.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Anyone know why Opera is flagging Youtube for malware right now? Malwarebytes is showing my system's clean so it's not a redirect on this end, but just entering "www.youtube.com" is bringing up "FRAUD SITE" in the URL bar and malware warnings.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Two gripes going into this version, but otherwise solid and a few sites have sped up for me:

- why the hell did they think I wanted 20 new bookmarks on my bar? If I wanted Ask.com on there I'D ALREADY HAVE IT BOOKMARKED.
- How in the hell do I turn thumbnailing large images off when I open them in a new tab? I know it's only one click to undo it but that poo poo's annoying, and I can't find what they labeled the setting in opera:config.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

orphean posted:

Having them COME BACK ALL THE TIME and polluting my speed dial with them is just unacceptable.

Now this one is new to me. I didn't get them on Speed Dial at all, haven't seen an update yet to test if they return on upgrade.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Steve Moore posted:

YouTube stop working for anyone else?

Still good on my end, although I had a recent snafu that needed a Flash update. Tried that yet?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Mithaldu posted:

They're likely loaded by a javascript that randomizes the url to evade such blocks. Try to find out which one's responsible.

It is not too hard to work this if you have a little familiarity with HTML: hit the source, find where on the page the ad would be, and try blocking any scripts one by one and refreshing. If those don't work, check near the top or bottom of the source.

I think I've seen a total of one ad I could never kill in this manner and god only knows why that was.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Bonus posted:

Can anyone open this page http://occupychi.org/2011/10/07/our-proposed-demands/ without Opera becoming slow and unresponsive? I can't. Lately Opera's been becoming unresponsive more and more.

Have you tried it in another browser to compare? Because it was fine for me until the comments loaded and I'm pretty sure the sheer mass of them is what's making it bottom out. I just opened it in IE and not only was it worse (it actually told me that the site wasn't responding at one point and refused to accept any button input to even scroll), it was worse with a single tab than my ~20 in Opera.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah they rejiggered the timg code so now it works "properly" in all browsers. You can now click the blue box in the upper left that appears on mouseover to make it fullsize/shrink again, but I guess the new tab thing was a bug.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah it's not just you, it's 32-bit for me as well. On the other hand, needing to freshly install it DOES give me an excuse to pull the whole thing up and clear the old uninstall data one of them left behind...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh my god how do I make the menu reappear at the top instead of as this stupid loving Opera button on my tab bar.

edit: nevermind, found it

Now I just wish I could have kept my old skins. I love that all of a sudden it's "Themes" or "Go gently caress Yourself" and the themes site appears to be very, very broken.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 14, 2012

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Don't know if you had the same thing I did (I think it may have partly been cleaning up old versions too) but try reinstalling the Flash plugin. Mine kept crashing to the point Opera was even throwing up "Shockwave Flash has crashed" and gave me a "plugin broke D:" image I never saw before.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm probably the worst Opera user period, I really just need to know two things before upgrading/swapping away. Did they finally re-add bookmarks, and do I still have a Notes panel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Is it? Because I know with ExtendTube I'm having no problems.