Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cedra
Jul 23, 2007
Is there a way to make use of the space that the File bar has, I looked at Arcticthunder's screens and see he's removed it entirely. I'd just like to customize it myself, since I'm at 1280x800 and it feels kinda cramped compared to my Classic Compact FF setup, where everything except is on 3 lines (NAvigation and Addr bar alongside the File bar, Tabs and personal bookmark hotbar by themselves).

Anyone found any decent slim skins for Opera as well? I'm sporting Emil and that's the thinnest I can get while looking aesthetically pleasing.

Cedra fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cedra
Jul 23, 2007

Syrg posted:

You can drag any icon onto any bar you want under "Customize", you know. Go to "Buttons", pick and choose whatever you like, put it on any bar you have visible.

Also I was going to recommend a skin but it seems like Emil is a bit slimmer, so it's not much use. Sorry.

I'm talking about the File toolbar

This bar seems to be exempt from any Customization option whatsoever.

Cedra
Jul 23, 2007
They still haven't fixed the fact that clicking on tabs (but NOT depressing them) switches focus to that tab - I can't drag tabs into speed dial since 10.5. It's a minor issue but it's really convenient to use SD as a current bookmarks function and I'd rather not use the actual list menu which feels a little clunky to me.

Also very nice to know you can turn off URL hiding, unlike in Chrome.

Cedra
Jul 23, 2007
Welp, with Youtube comments have broken CSS and Imgur not loading images without taking years, I think it's time to leave 12 :( Is there a bookmark extension out there that matches Opera 12's 'paging' layout? It astounds me that Firefox and Chrome are still using the scrolling list to this day, makes for navigating my colossal bookmark list a pain in the rear end.