Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!
I'm very avidly against bookmarking things, I somewhat blame this on Firefox 3's quick-bar being so fantastic in 3.0.

I've been using Opera for about a month now, and the quickbar is horrible. In Firefox I could type in something such as "gmai" and gmail.com would pop up - with Opera, it posts any sort of history/url that had "gmai" in it. So of course, I get all of these random google searches as I typically stay logged in to my gmail account with googling.

Is there a fix for this? I'm assuming its a pretty common request but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

uXs posted:

Preferences -> Advanced -> History and then uncheck the box "Remember Content on Visited Pages".

That should decrease the amount of weird hits significantly.

Thanks, that helps quite a bit.

And to the OP - I deal with 15k+ servers, I apologize if I've grown accustomed to not having my bookmarks due to curl/wgetting/provisioning the hell out of URLs constantly. You opinion is noted and I will look into becoming a better web-browser.

vty fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 13, 2008