Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So i've downloaded and giving that Vivaldi browser a tryout, i've imported my chrome bookmarks and installed a ton of extensions that i have in my chrome browser. Anyhow when i try to view twitch i get "Could not load plugin" and when watching YouTube i get no sound. Wondering if there's a fix for this or do i need to un-install re-install flash player or something ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YF-23 posted:

You might need to install PPAPI flash. Go to adobe's get flash page, select "download flash for a different computer", and from the dropdown pick the Opera & Chromium/PPAPI version.

Alright just tried that and twitch & youtube video's work/play but no sound :(

so far un-installed flash etc then rebooted then clean re-install of flash didn't work, a google search mentioned un-installing chrome then re-installing that didn't work either.

Under the plugin menu it now doesn't show the chrome flash only adobe's flash player/s

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spoon0042 posted:

Funny, it's usually Linux users that get these weird problems. :v:

I went looking on the vivaldi forums and there was a recent post with a similar problem that seemed to be caused by using ffdshow. Any chance that could be it?

Couldn't work out how to check this ffdshow, most i could find was a link to codecguide with 101 different guide's.

Anyhow i've gotten over trying to work this issue out and gone back to FF, it's a drat nice browser but this sound issue was driving me banana's trying to fix.

it's the only browser that has given me this sound/video issue, sure i'd expect this type of issue on my *nix machine but not on win7

But yeah thanx for the tips/suggestions much appreciated. :)

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

Do you have any of those stupid codec packs installed? Also what kind of CPU are you on? Is the machine a laptop?

Normal PC tower, none codec's installed, only did a clean re-install of win7 like 2 weeks ago. VLC is installed as that handles all my audio/video needs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Riso posted:

Maybe you should try Windows 10 :v:

:gay:

I did upgrade to it, but didn't like it so went back to win7, once they end support for win7 i'll be either going down the hakintosh route or just splurge on a mac pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I liked using Vivaldi, just could never get any sound to play be it Youtube or Twitch or soundcloud could never get sound to play, the video would play no problem just never sound.