Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

prefect posted:

I don't think I'm seeing this any more this morning. Or maybe I've just gotten lucky with my page loads. :shrug:

Edit: nope, it's back. :smith:

I put this as a custom style sheet for SA , which at least makes it somewhat readable. :shrug:
I think it is getting confused and not drawing any background some places, so I just figured, paint it black.

CSS code:
.forum_219 .bbc-block {
	background: black !important;
}
.forum_219 .bbc-spoiler.reveal {
}
.forum_219 #ac_timemachine {
}
.forum_219 #forum th,.forum_219 #forum td {
}
.forum_219 .post tr,.forum_219 .post td,.forum_219 #forum th a {
}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
Here's a cool thing Opera randomly does on my machine. :downs:

Yep, it might be time to find a supported browser.

On the other hand, it vastly improves the quality of Youtube comments.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
Well I guess Vivaldi is the best Opera alternative we're going to get, time to give it another go...

The interface has improved since the last time I tested it. The shortcuts and mouse gestures feel great out of the box. I like ctrl+1/ctrl+2 tab cycling tbh, they don't fail when a text field steals focus.

The interface is pretty hackable due to being all Javascript and CSS. I was able to move the status bar up to below the tabs, which is where I like it to be.

It's reasonably responsive when opening and closing tabs, but opening a new window takes a second or two, which makes it annoying to open up a bunch of stuff in private windows.

You can search in page with '.', but you can't press enter to follow a highlighted link while searching. That kind of sucks since that's how I usually browse with the keyboard. :(

All in all pretty promising, I can probably find Chrome extensions for keyboard navigation of links and other niggles.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
"Unable to complete secure transaction" :rip:

It's sad times when you have to throw away a perfectly good browser because of minor things like being unsupported for three years and not supporting any modern crypto standards.
Can 12.18 still access the forums? I think that was released for Windows only.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
Vivaldi 2 made the color changing tab thing way too bright.
I set the "Limit Accent Color Saturation" setting down to 10% and now it's tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Basticle posted:

As an Opera refugee this thread turned me onto Vivaldi a couple of years ago and I continue to use it (and love it). There are more and more reports about privacy concerns with Google and their products. As a Chrome-based browser should I have any concerns about Vivaldi in that regard?

There is a certain risk of contamination, like the most recent changelog includes this item

quote:

[Regression] Google sign-in cookies are being set in Vivaldi and cannot be cleared (VB-44108)

From what I can find this was caused by the recent Chrome account fuckery, but it couldn't actually enable browser sync to Google since that code has been ripped out.

Another thing that annoys me is that it uses Google Cloud Print by default, but at least you can change the shortcut to print using the system dialog.