Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
When looking at comics at http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=181#comic the screen moves back to the top when loaded. How can I stop this.

So when it's loading I start scrolling down and reading the comic, it then resets the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Asimo posted:

Okay! So. As of today, youtube no longer works. Instead of displaying videos it just yells at you to update... despite the fact Flash is up to date, and plays fine in every other browser. :wtc: The Opera forums are absolutely no help, either.

Delete your youtube cookies. I had the same problem.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
I just found out about chromes show saved passwords feature. I'm moving back to opera because of it. Can someone confirm opera doesn't show any of the saved passwords in plain text in an options menu.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
The new gestures are really screwing with me. Have people worked out the idea sensitivity, should I set it high or low?

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
I'm getting Opera freezing or hanging allot now :/ Usually happens when it starts up(maybe something to do with lastpass plugin). Other times it's when I try to save a file, or close a full-screen video.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
I've used opera for as long as I can remember. This latest update just freezes and crashes far too much to actually use. Are there any guides to configure chrome/firefox/ie to act like opera?

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Yummers posted:

i was going to post something about opera here but it's freezing and crashing too much so this is what i typed.

edit: trying 12.01 RC 64 bit...crossing my fingers or uninstalling for chrome. i'm done with the instability.

The stability problems forced me over to chrome. I thought the extensions would be able to fill the gap for opera's features but in general the ones I've tried are a poor substitutes.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Oldsmobile posted:

In a fit of being pissed off at Opera for all the random crap and niggles that have been going on for years, mostly performance and UI related, I decided just to switch over to Chrome.

Chrome certainly does fix most things that I found annoying. Pages load fast and I don't have choppy youtubes or gifs and the UI is mostly an improvement.

However I do miss most of the tweaks Opera has to offer and I definitely miss scrolling through tabs with my mouse wheel.

So apparently there's no perfect browser, who'd a thought.

Opera should just give up on the browser stuff and just make an extension for chrome. I don't use opera for any of it's web-rendering, etc, I just use it for all the tweaks, and interface stuff. So imagine a chrome browser but with the opera skins and controls, or thinking about it a different way an opera browser with chrome doing the back-end stuff.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
I'm so sorry. They always say to be careful for what you wish for. Now the wish I made a couple years ago seems to have come true.

FSMC posted:

Date: Aug 4, 2012 23:52
Opera should just give up on the browser stuff and just make an extension for chrome. I don't use opera for any of it's web-rendering, etc, I just use it for all the tweaks, and interface stuff. So imagine a chrome browser but with the opera skins and controls, or thinking about it a different way an opera browser with chrome doing the back-end stuff.

FSMC fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 23, 2014

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

omeg posted:

I finally gave up and switched to chrome. Good bye sweet princess. :smith:

Same here. It's something I've been trying to avoid but opera 12 wasn't really cutting the mustard and gesture are gimped in the "opera-chrome" releases.

I found an extension for chrome that has some really good gesture support "Smooth Gestures", which has made the move smoother.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

killhamster posted:

I've got "Gestures for Google Chrome" and it can handle the rocker gestures and some basic things, but out of the box it's not nearly as versatile as proper Opera gestures. I still don't know how to teach it how to open links in new tabs.

I've been using Smooth Gestures which is the next best thing. It's still not as good but it's the best I've found.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
I was having problems with pretty much the only gestures plug-in for chrome so through I'd give Opera another go and WOW! The inbuilt gestures are as good as they used to be and overall it's very nice, the support for chrome plug-ins is pretty useful.

Over the last 15 years or so Opera was my main browser due to mouse gestures but I stopped using it over they screwed up mouse gestures completely (around the time they the move over to the chromium backed), so it's nice to know they are back on form.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
Is there anyway to use the chrome dictionary in Opera or use the Opera gestures in chrome? The opera dictionary is terrible and doesn't seem to have any technical words in it. It's as if they are using a cut down kids dictionary. On the other hand they eventually sorted out mouse gestures. Now there aren't any chrome mouse gestures that come anywhere close to Opera's. Is there any solution here. I thought about things like grammarly but they send everything you type to the cloud for mining, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Stanley Pain posted:

Lack of good mouse gestures (most of the addons seem REALLY sketchy these days) is what made me drop Chrome. If you want Opera but chrome check out Vivaldi. It's by far the best browser out there for me right now :).

Thanks. I thought Vivaldi was a opera build name, but it's a completely different browser. It looks pretty good. I think browser extensions are going to be the next big privacy scandal, they are all starting to look pretty dodgy nowadays. So I think browsers with features build in, such as mouse gestures are the safer browser choice going forwards.