Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Zuffox posted:

You can add &fmt=22 to the link, stripping away the referral link if it's there. A workaround, but hey.
IIRC, &fmt=22 is for the 720p high definition videos, &fmt=18 is for the high quality versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.

Zuffox posted:

Doesn't it default to the highest resolution with =22?
Not in my experience. I just tested and =22 plays the loq quality version if there is no HD version available.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Syrg posted:

According to what someone told me once, that's not the browser, but a Flash bug. I've known some IE/Firefox people who had it too.

Still have to reset the browser to fix it, gently caress only knows why.
I read somewhere that this happens when you have too many (~15?) flash objects open. I also had this problem and fixed it by using a flashblock that requires you to click on the flash content before it's loaded, so there's never too many of them open.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

ufarn posted:

I'm looking forward to see if Mozilla's user challenge to find a replacement for tabs yields anything interesting (their logo redesign sure as hell didn't).

I'm the kind of person who uses at least twenty tabs at at time, and there just aren't any browsers who address this near-satisfactorily.
I like Tree Style Tabs on Firefox. It works in a similar way to the folders tree in Windows Explorer.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Plorkyeran posted:

It's not a bug; Opera just can't read your mind and know that you wanted to exit the program rather than close that window. After the first time that bit me I got in the habit of always closing Opera with commands that unambiguously mean exit (alt-f4, file -> exit, right click on tray icon -> exit, etc).

If the closed window isn't showing up in the closed tab list before you exit, that is a bug.
I've disabled Alt-F4 to protect against this.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Is there a way to disable the web page preview on vertical tab bar? So tabs would only show the favicon and page title.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

lurksion posted:

Has anyone had ALT+D break in Vivaldi?

I think it happened with the latest update to 1.2.490.39 for me

I've noticed the same after 1.2 update.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Has anyone else started experiencing popup windows after updating to Vivaldi 1.11? This has always been one of the bigger advantages over Chrome or Firefox, Opera and Vivaldi never opened popup windows, they would just create a new tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Alpha Mayo posted:

Am I the only one annoyed by Vivaldi selecting what I'm typing while typing and losing typed characters? Kind of hard to explain but like if I type "gmail.com" at a certain pace it it will select letters as I'm typing and I can end up losing characters and end up with "gmai.com"

It's annoying enough that I am thinking about switching to Firefox because of it

Sounds like that has been fixed in 1.14.1077.45, VB-35695. "CTRL+ENTER in address bar deletes last typed character"