Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

LuckyTaikonaut posted:

oops my bad. Is there a fix for the constant status bar when browsing SA?

I've never gotten that. Are you sure you aren't just on a page with an image that's slow to load?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Casao posted:

opera:config#UserPrefs|EnableScrollMarker

That the point? Cause I just disabled that, hoping it kills it.

I still don't understand exactly what it's supposed to do.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

It'll be a browser with two wheels that balances itself! IT will change everything!

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

File/photo sharing, chat, web hosting? Handy I guess, but not exactly groundbreaking unless I'm missing something.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

GuyGizmo posted:

Ah, now I can see why the people at Opera Software were concerned about this system. Because if they're really successful and tons of people start using Opera Unite, then their servers are going to be hammered by the vast amounts of data that will need to move through them. Hopefully they could do something clever like having Opera automatically trying to use something like UPnP to set up automatic port forwarding, and resort to the proxy if all else fails.

Doesn't explain why everyone's been having so much trouble getting this to work. Maybe software firewalls are causing people grief?

They probably just use the server to do NAT hole-punching, rather than sending all the traffic through it.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Can anyone get to http://sourceforge.net in Opera? I get an error page from the server in Opera but it works fine in IE.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Casao posted:

Works fine here, sounds more like you might have an overactive Urlfilter.ini.

The error is being delivered by sourceforge, and it looks like some people have been having the problem with firefox as well.

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=en-US&comments_parentId=387697&forumId=1

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Psychorider posted:

Don't ask me why but opera doesn't delete anything in the cache while it's running. If it's set to 20MB it deletes old stuff until there's only 20MB left in it. If you check "Empty on exit" then it deletes everything when you exit. Sometimes I don't close it for weeks and I end up with over a gig in the cache until I close it.

It finally makes sense. I always wondered why that happened.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Are there any plans for better ways of backing up/exporting saved wand passwords? There are a few different files you have to copy out of the profile folder to save them the way it is now.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

This is getting annoying. Both of these links crash Opera 10.5 a few second after opening them:

http://i-r-squared.blogspot.com

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

Neither of these crash Opera for me, and I am not using an adblock list at the moment.

What version of the Flash plugin are you using? I'm using the v10.1 beta 2, for comparison's sake.

Oh hey, beta 3 is out. Maybe that's what's crashing, if you're using it?

This is with the 10.5 released version. And I just updated flash and it's still happening. Maybe it has something to do with Windows 7 64-bit?

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I figured out why I had a weird crash on certain sites.

I use the SA Forums highlight javascript, and being a lazy bastard, I just put it in my \AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\ directory and set it to load user JS from that directory. While this is OK in previous versions, doing so makes opera 10.5 crash. I made a subfolder specifically for the javascript and it fixed the problem.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Anunnaki posted:

Okay, this is very weird, but for some reason, my headphones are making a very high-pitched, BARELY audible sound, but only while Opera is running. The sound seems to stop when the CPU is active, so scrolling up and down web pages makes the sound stop and start (this is how I first noticed it). Even when I have my volume muted, it still makes this sound while Opera is running and the CPU is inactive. No other browser, or any program for that matter, makes this happen--just Opera. Even when plugged into my MP3 player, my headphones are silent as normal.

I don't know if it's a specific problem with Opera, my sound card, my video card that has an HDMI port (I thought of this because the most obvious difference between Opera's core workings and other web browsers is that the new version renders everything with the video card - I don't know if this has anything at all to do with it), or any combination thereof.

I'm probably the only one having this problem, and I don't know if I'm just crazy, or if it's something as simple as my sound card or headphones beginning to show age, but it's beginning to get on my nerves. :(

If you investigate a bit, you'll probably find its not just Opera, but certain other applications as well in certain circumstances. I had a similar issue but with onboard sound on my last motherboard, and unfortunately there isn't really a solution.

Basically, in certain situations where you're using only some of your CPUs cycles (not at idle or full load, but somewhere in between) your CPU will be cycling from full power to idle power and back every few microseconds, meaning that the power demanded from the regulator on the motherboard is changing really rapidly. If there isn't enough isolation between the power/ground planes for your sound card/onboard sound and the power/ground rest of the motherboard, these big power cycles can lead to significant noise at the sound card's output. Unfortunately, there isn't really a solution other than getting a better motherboard or sound card.

Although turning smooth scrolling on or off may alleviate the symptoms a bit, at least within Opera.

big shtick energy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 12, 2010

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Just to clarify, backing up wand.dat is not enough to backup your wand passwords.

If you have a master password set, you also need to backup certificate files. It seems like opcert6.dat is probably the relevant one.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I usually just use 1-4 tabs, so I have the tab bar turned off and just switch tabs with the gesture.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Are there any extensions that would let me opera to run only certain plugins on demand, but whitelist certain sites so that plugins run automatically?

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

MisterLizard posted:

It can be done without extensions. In Preferences go to Advanced -> Content and tick "Enable plug-ins only on demand". Then for every site you want to white-list, open the site, right-click and select "Edit Site Preferences..", go to the Content tab and untick "Enable plug-ins only on demand".

edit: Oops that's for all plug-ins, not for specific ones like you asked. To be honest, Flash is the only plug-in I use. I disabled all the rest a while back and no sites seem to have required them since.

Thanks, this should work fine for what I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I was accessing sabnzbd with opera jsut fine prior to 11.6, but now I seem to have a problem. Previously, I could use the url [url]http://[/url][::1]:8111/queue/ to access the web interface, but now it complains that is has invalid characters. Using localhost or 127.0.0.1 has never worked with opera, so how does opera want me to say localhost in IPv6?