Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
Is there a way to auto-update a page instead of repeadtedly hitting F5? For example auto-refresh of the forums in SAS if I'm watching a game? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Zuffox posted:

R-click -> Reload every ...

Thanks! It appears I'm a mong :(

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
Whilst we're bitching about v11, why the christ have they changed the "Reload Every.." option to only have the least frequent times as clickables, so if I want to refresh every (say) one minute (for example if I'm in TRP during matchday) then I have to use the "Custom" option and choose 1 minute.

Ok, it's only one more mouseclick, but it just seems daft.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Tesseraction posted:

I'm more than happy to blame Adobe for that particular issue, to be fair.

Although it's not about Opera, this site refers to some of the horrific bugs Adobe's flash-based UIs encounter.

Oddly enough, I've had mixed results with Adobe Flash Player and Opera 12. On my laptop there have been no issues and everything "upgraded" hunky dorey. Opera 12 is fine and runs everything with no problem.

On my home desktop however, every time I try to play a flash movie, regardless of website, "YOU MUST UPGRADE TEH FLASH". So I did. Even following a system restart, try to do the same and "YOU MUST UPGRADE TEH FLASH".

Roll back to Opera 11.64 and problem went away.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Mister Macys posted:

Can anyone tell me what may have happened, that explains why youtube doesn't show the player at all on it's site, yet if it's embedded in a post, it works just fine?

Opera 12.01
Build 1532

See, I get almost the opposite problem. YouTube works fine for me, but places like The Escapist (specifically ZP) and random other websites with embedded vids don't display the video. No errors, just a blank (black or white, it varies) area where the video should be.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Wheany posted:

Does anyone else have Opera Mobile on Android always first open the same page when opening?

In my case it's http://i.imgur.com/bwJad.gif

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that cat jump out of the module.

Sometimes, sometimes not. I get it happening less than it doesn't happen. I haven't worked out why it does because I always exit (as opposed to switch back to main menu). I'm on ICS if that makes a difference.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Startacus posted:

Has anyone been having any stability issues, especially on Facebook? Opera crashes all the time when I view Facebook albums.

Nope, mine's ok. A bit sluggish, but I put that down to Facebook being poo poo.

I still have issues with Flash not working on certain websites under Opera despite multiple updates/reinstalls.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Maxwell Adams posted:

Is flash video completely hosed for anyone else? Flash player and Opera both updated recently and things are bad. On my Windows 7 desktop, flash videos crash the system. On my XP laptop videos play at 1 frame per minute. Both systems are fine with flash if I use Chrome or something.

On my home machine I have *serious* issues with Flash under Opera. Most of the time they simply don't play, but this depends on the website (YouTube is fine, ZeroP is not) and during playback there's a 50:50 chance that the entire system will hard lock at some point. I've updated/changed gfx drivers so I'm relatively sure it's not them. I've updated Flash too, so with everything up to date, I'd like to think it's ok, but there are still issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
I've been having image rendering issues recently in Opera. Running v12.12 and a lot of images, more specifically Avatars in Twitter and a lot of images in SA (not necessarily avatars) are simply missing. Is anyone else having the same problem?