Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Does Opera 40 on Windows have a feature that duplicates the Live Bookmarks functionality in Firefox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Man I switched to Vivaldi a few days ago and it's pretty much everything I've ever wanted. No more Opera for me! Maybe some day I'll try out Otter but for now Vivaldi's great.

Does it have anything like Opera's drop down list of open tabs? On Opera on Windows it's beside the Minimise button on the toolbar. Tab management on all these Blink browsers isn't great.

Out of interest, what specifically do you like about Vivaldi? I find it a bit bugger buggier than Opera but I can be patient.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 8, 2016

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

Yeah, that one still makes it 100% no-go for me.

Under the Tab options, there's a function called Switch Tabs by Scrolling - is that what you're looking for?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

So, any extension or built-in functionality on Vivaldi that gives a drop down list of tabs, similar to Opera?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Tiggum posted:

It's thumbnails rather than a list (and horizontal rather than vertical) but it's there.

Do you mean just hovering over the tab itself with the mouse?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Tiggum posted:

No, hold the right mouse button and scroll.

Where do I hold the right mouse button down? I've hovered the pointer over the tabs and tried right clicking and scrolling; nothing happens.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

It's not the functionality I'm looking for but thanks anyway.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Polygynous posted:

oh whoops I got confused somewhere, sorry. :)

er, I'm pretty sure that's what the other guy was describing, if there's something else, I don't know.

e: There is a list of tabs if you click the Vivaldi icon and go down to "Window" though.

Ah, odd place to have it but thanks.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Vivaldi 1.5 has been a little buggy for me. 1.4 using https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...her-info-dialog that extension has duplicated the function nicely.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Anyone tried Opera Neon?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The animations use the GPU/iGPU, not the CPU.

In other news, Opera 64 bit is now available on Windows on the stable channel. It's a nippy little performer. I'm on Vivaldi these days but it's quite buggy and hard to recommend to laypeople.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Aunt Beth posted:

I haven't found Vivaldi to be particularly buggy today for day-to-day use recently (aside from the typical Chrome pigginess), have you encountered anything major?

Just small niggly things. I'm using the beta releases so I can't remember what I experienced in 1.6, one of them was that the delete button on the search field wouldn't delete anything. I think that's now resolved. At the moment, zooming the interface means that the browser close button isn't properly aligned for the very corner of the screen.

So nothing major, just things that you don't get on the release channels of other browsers.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Alpha Mayo posted:

Just found out about Vivaldi yesterday. Definitely has the Opera feel but I've ran into a weird bug where it doesn't end the vivaldi.exe tasks when closing the browser. Think it might be related to downloading a large file in the background. Caused youtube to keep playing sound even though I closed the tab, anyone else get this?

edit: Easy reproduce
Go here, start downloading 10Gbit test file: http://ovh.net/files
Play a youtube video with sound
Close Vivaldi

Task/youtube keeps playing. Even if you re-open vivaldi and stop the download then exit again, it continues. Have to kill the tasks with task manager instead.

Confirmed, nice find. I really like Vivaldi but I do find it a bit buggier than most of the other major browsers. IGN video is currently borked for me.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Can anyone recommend a replacement extension for Web of Trust?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Decius posted:

It also destroyed the ability to play anything on Youtube Live (stuck on loading the video) on my Macbook Pro Retina (2012) or use Chromecast (simply doesn't do anything) in Vivaldi. 1.9 should have been tested quite a bit more to be honest.

IGN video hasn't worked for me in months. I think there are only 35 developers working on it or something?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Vivaldi owns bones, haven't had any issues on the latest version of 1.9 (or any other versions), runs all chrome plugins i want, the Hibernate poo poo is insanely cool with 50-100 tabs, moreso if most of those are video or audio heavy soft bookmarks

Condolences to anyone who doesn't feel insanely comfortable with their browser in 2017

Ah, but it can't play videos on IGN properly, hasn't done for the past few months.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Curious here peeps. What is it you miss about Opera.old?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Basticle posted:

So for about 6 months now I've had a problem with Vivaldi (and updating it dosent fix it) where if I close the program and try to open it again it starts minimized and wont open at all, the only solution is to right click on it in the task bar and hit new window, that instance will open just fine but not the first one. Any ideas?

Have you tried a new profile?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

Please stop calling the horrible chinese mutant Opera, its proper designation is "Chromera".

Meanwhile Opera v12 still works pretty good.

It couldn't be getting security updates though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

Not anymore, but that's entirely immaterial for what Opera v12 is.

How so?