Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How do I get the audio on some YTMNDs to loop? For example on this one it plays once and then never again: http://familyguyroundtable.ytmnd.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Unanswered from the previous thread. Both computers in question have Opera 9.62

My work computer keeps me logged into awfulyearbook.com despite the info not being in the Wand, as far as I can see.

My home computer doesn't remember the password, and neither do I. I'd like to know if there's a way to copy whatever file(s) necessary to get my AYB login working at home, I've tried doing the password reset but for some reason haven't gotten it to work.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks, I can remote my work PC and file transfer, so I'll try it in a bit.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Okay so I copied the .dat file from my work PC to here, and AYB is logged in. So far, so good.

Now, there are two sites that give me trouble in Opera. They don't give me trouble at work, but even with my work PC's .dat file copied here, they still don't work right.

One is Gmail, which hasn't worked right since I switched to SSL encryption for the sessions (not just the login). The other is Delphi Forums.

Gmail just sits on the loading <sm8000>@gmail.com page, until I click Load HTML View. Delphi just prompts me to log in repeatedly.

Oddly enough, Chase Bank used to not work for me, but after an upgrade or two ago it works fine anywhere I try it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is anyone else unable to load their Gmail inbox after enabling https for sessions?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

strokevictim posted:

Anyone else seeing Google and iGoogle now being recognized as mobile and being redirected to Google's mobile versions? Seems to have just started sometime this evening.

Of all sites I would expect to know better, it's Google.

Started happening to me last night. Seems to be fixed this morning.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I just upgraded my laptop to 9.63, and this weird behavior still happens (seemingly only on my laptop) - when I click on a link to a picture, tabs start opening non-stop. I can stop it if I click madly to close them. The URL in them is:

file://localhost/C:/Program%20Files/Opera/profile/cache4/temporary_download/379761280%20(2).png

(Or whatever the filename of the picture is)

On the plus side, shortly after my last post complaining about Gmail, I found it had started working again.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've got it set to Empty On Exit, but I went and cleared it anyway and then tried again. Same result. This has been happening for a few versions now (only on this computer) and I've tried basic remedies like emptying cache but nothing's helped.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sporadic posted:

Did you set Opera to open .PNG with "Opera Internet Browser" (or something titled like that) instead of "Opera"?

I found out when it's set to the first instead of the second, Opera will poo poo it's pants and try to open a million tabs.

That fixed it, thanks!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Does anyone else get no result when clicking the large Print button in Google Maps? I have to do File->Print on at least two computers (haven't checked my laptop yet).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Anunnaki posted:

Opera's probably blocking a pop-up. Right Click -> Edit Site Preferences, change "Block Unwanted Popups" to "Open All Popups".

Tried it, no dice.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

down1nit posted:

I was just looking at a large picture of a steak you posted in another thread, closed the tab and came back to this post. your avatar was in the same position and I got really freaked out.

Have you tried changing the UserAgent in site prefs as well? I generally use chrome for maps.google.com or loving load up google earth because hot drat. (it does directions pretty good too)

How do you change the User Agent? If that's the same as Browser Identification, I tried setting it to "Mask as IE" but it made no difference.

P.S. lol steak :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If I am viewing a plain text file in Opera, how do I enable Word Wrap?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:cool:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Weird, doesn't give me any problem.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How would I have disabled security checks? Where do you go to do that?

EDIT: Know what?

http://www.lulu.com gives me no warning

http://lulu.com does give me a warning.

(I simply type lulu in the address bar, then Ctrl+Enter)

And when I click Ignore This Warning, I get taken to the 'www' URL.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 25, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Well I do have Fraud Protection enabled, but it turns out I wasn't getting the warning as I was going to a slightly different URL :ms:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Here's something I've noticed lately:

I'm considering moving and I've been browsing apartment ads on Craigslist. Many of them have a link to the location on Google Maps. When I click this link, a new tab opens and begins to load the page, but after a few seconds I get "Still loading? Try basic HTML." I don't get this if I search for a location by hand. Actually, I do get this no matter how I use Google Maps. I think it might have something to do with it being stuck in satellite view? But the buttons to click and change it never get rendered.

EDIT: I went to Google Maps in IE and was able to change my view just fine there, now in Opera it also shows a Map view, but still times out before it's finished loading all the map stuff.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 2, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Does Opera 10 Alpha have a usage checker? I can't tell if he's tired (weary) or cautious (wary).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

With multiple tabs open, if I hover the mouse pointer over one I'm not looking at I get a little preview of it. Any way to disable this?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks! Honestly it just bugs me. Who knows, maybe I'll miss it and turn it back on.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Starno posted:

Try clearing your cookies :)

Or look at the link and what the status bar says it is ;)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

On my 1280x800 laptop, I run Opera at 1062x770 (per a quick screeshot). When I hit F11 to fullscreen a page or image, and then hit it again to revert back to windowed mode, the browser window is now maximized. Clicking on Restore Down doesn't change Opera out of maximized size.

I haven't checked to see if closing and reopening Opera reverts it to my preferred window size, but I'd like to know if there's a way to have Opera revert back to the normally used size when exiting F11 fullscreen mode.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

ixpfah posted:

Are you doing anything in particular while in full screen?

:fap:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

9.64 here as well.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Still on 9.64, when I'm wireless and try to post a comment on Facebook, Opera seems stuck on the posting part but never finishes. Works fine in IE8, haven't tried it wired yet.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sergeant Hobo posted:

If you're talking about holding the right mouse button and using the scrollwheel, I honestly forgot about that since I don't use it much, if ever.

:aaaaa:

I just learned something new today!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Per Slashdot, Opera Unite has been benchmarked:

http://apache.slashdot.org/story/09/06/19/0227249/Opera-Unite-Web-Server-Benchmarked?from=rss

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm getting weird issues with Opera. First of all, Facebook:

Click here for the full 1036x194 image.

Their 'quick launch' bar no longer stays anchored, also there is no scroll slide on the right side.

Click here for the full 798x581 image.

When I try to log in, I get: "Logging in must go through the Facebook flow.
Please try again."

Finally, Opera occasionally locks up and crashes. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Version 9.64
Build 10487

EDIT II: Oh yeah, the Back button doesn't work in Facebook.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 8, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nobdy posted:

I'm still using 9.64 and I've never had any issues with Facebook. Do you have any userJS that might be messing with Facebook's? I also don't use any 3rd party apps so maybe one of those is the culprit.

Could be. I uninstalled and cleaned stuff out, then did a fresh clean install of 9.64 and all my website issues (Facebook et al) are gone. I guess I'll put in one UserJS at a time and see who breaks what.

Oh and I tried updating to the latest version too but the updater said I had the latest version. Guess it was broken too :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Reisen posted:

Still using 9.64, all of the sudden today no images from SA are loading until I right click and re-load each individual image. I don't have this problem with other sites or other browsers, and closing and opening Opera didn't help. I can't find anything in Site Preferences that seems to be the culprit. Any ideas for fixing?

What UserJSes do you have?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm using 9.64 and I just signed into YouTube with no hassle.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What UserJSes do you have installed?

Honestly, my last install of 9.64 started being flaky with logins on a handful of sites, and I fixed it by uninstalling, deleting lingering files and folders, and then reinstalling. I preserved bookmarks and UserJSes, and now I run 9.64 with only a couple of JSes but otherwise 'out of the box' and everything works.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

We never did get this working for http://www.mcdonalds.com/

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sergeant Hobo posted:

I seem to be getting some kind of weird problem whereby SomethingAwful Forum threads load only the banner ad at the top of the screen followed by the little copyright notice at the bottom of the page and that is all. I believe it's been limited to the 10.5 pre-alpha (as in, I haven't seen this in any other browser or Opera version). Anybody else getting this?

Is it only happening in Cinema Discusso? If so, there's a thread in QCS about it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

kapalama posted:

(Why is that picture Spergin?)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1947

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What's the difference between Opera Mini and Opera Mobile, and which is better for my Blackberry?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Manky posted:

Get the Opera Mini 4 beta, since Opera Mobile is only for WinMo and Symbian devices.

Already on 5.2 Beta, just thought I'd check :)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

For me, I like the smooth scrolling better. Maybe I'm just used to it as I never turned it off before, or maybe it's that I'm on a laptop with a trackpad, including the scroll column on the right side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Today I upgraded my work computer (Windows 2000) from 10.10 to 10.51, and I'm still having the same problem with Google Maps that I've had since at least 9.63, but only on this computer.

Suppose I search an address in Google, and then click Maps. The map will load, to a point, and then will eventually show "Still loading... Slow? Use the troubleshooting guide or basic HTML." I can make this happen immediately if I click on the map.

Also, how do you save images in Opera Mini?