Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Conversely, I've converted over to Vivaldi entirely, after the Opera/China announcement. It's no Presto, but it's a drat sight better than FF/Chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Welcome, brother

Perhaps it is time to start a dedicated Vivaldi thread?

We can probably just rename this one. Unlike Vivaldi, we don't need to start from scratch to fix the bad decisions.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

For RSS/Newsreading stuff, I've set up my own TT-RSS instance, and just log in from anywhere.

The only feature I really, really miss from Opera 12 was the filterable Links panel/sidebar. If you never realized it was there (which, with all the other features of Opera, is entirely understandable), all it did was list all the links on the current webpage, and had a little searchbox at the top. You could filter it down to, say, all the PDFs on a page, highlight them all, right-click, save-as, and everything would start downloading. Stupid-useful for stuff like https://www.humblebundle.com which lists out all the stuff you've bought, but doesn't actually (ironically) bundle it up for you.

Opera 12 (and under) is the only browser I've ever seen that did that.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

I think it's just the cached version of the page expiring. If you hit F5/Refresh while on the speed-dial page, it will go through and refresh all the sites. However, it doesn't apply extensions against them, so if there are big garish ads, you'll see them on the thumbnail.

Why it (and Old Opera before it) don't just kind of... automatically refresh them in the background, I dunno.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Counterpoint: I'm in the latest Vivaldi stable, and I see it?

It only searches my default engine, though. It's not a submenu.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

I switched to Vivaldi after the first time a Chinese company tried to buy Opera, and I couldn't be happier. Now that a Chinese company actually owns Opera, I feel pretty good about my decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Opera.old had the side-panel where you could filter the links on a page, and right-click download. When you buy a Humble Bundle, it doesn't package them up all nicely for you, you have to download each one by hand. Or filter for the filetype, and download them all at once.

The closest I've found is the Firefox extension DownThemAll. It's a little more powerful, but it's finicky in its own way. And it's Firefox-only.