Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is something that's been driving me nuts for a while now.

I'm running 9.62 on OSX 10.5.5

Only in opera, sometimes certain images from waffleimages just flat out refuse to load. If I paste the link in safari, loads like a champ. Opera? Nothing.

It only occurs with waffleimages. It just sits there and tries to load but never does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nope.

It's odd. A picture that won't load in opera for whatever reason half an hour ago, but would load in safari just fine will now load in opera and some other image from waffleimages has the issue. It's not particular to one server or anything that they use, just images refusing to load at some times and then working fine later.

It's the damndest thing.

EDIT - since I last updated opera, I've been noticing a lot of threads seem to have an infinite scroll bar.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 12, 2008

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I shouldn't have said infinite. I should have just said excessively long.

This thread has one, for example.

Also the image in medina's post won't load for me in opera right now. Opened right up in safari, though.

EDIT: Testing

Ok, it loads fine if I put it in with the img code instead of the timg. So I guess this just is a part of timg being a little borked at the moment.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 12, 2008

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I still wish OSX has MDI tabs. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If my laptop (macbook) crashes for whatever reason, and sometimes when opera crashes, my bookmarks loving disappear. This is the most irritating thing possible. I don't even keep bookmarks anymore because it's so damned frustrating.

Eventually I'll try to compile up what they used to be before the first time I lost them all and I'll just keep a backup of it. Hopefully this poo poo is fixed in 10.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Rat posted:

Stupid question which has probably been answered at some point. In older versions of Opera, and IE, you could hover your mouse over a link, and it would show what that link is in the Status bar. I'm running 9.62 and can't figure out for the life of me how to do this. Did they just take that feature out, or what?

make sure view->toolbars->status bar is checked.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

xlevus posted:

is there a way to get the OSX version of Opera to not close the window on the last tab? It frustrates the poo poo out of me.

From what i understand, the tab system is completely different in the Windows and OSX version. I would love it if I could minimize tabs and keep the tab bar and such on top when Opera is in focus even if no tabs are open.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ColdPie posted:

I don't know if there's a "better" way to change these settings, but look at opera:config when you can't seem to find a way to change something. There's a whole ton of cool options in there, so it might be worth just flipping through once.

Try Allow Empty Workspace (opera:config#UserPrefs|AllowEmptyWorkspace).

Well, it allow empty workspace doesn't do it for OSX. I think this, like not being able to minimize tabs in OSX is just something we have to deal with for now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

xlevus posted:

Under OSX, every time you close the last tab it closes the window. And I know I've asked how to fix this but it didn't seem to work and I sort of became accustomed to the way it works.

BUT

The trash remembers all the windows that close, so by the end of a week theres a 100 or so empty "Window X" items in the trash which obviously have no use what so ever.

Is there a way to stop this?

Closing the window is a part of OSX's UI. There's really nothing to stay open after you close the last tab, unless you want a blank page to open up at that point. I'm honestly not too sure how to do it. I'd just love to be able to minimize tabs in OSX. :ohdear:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NinjaCthulhu posted:

Is there a way to make links for the high quality videos pop up right away in youtube? IE and Firefox both do, but Opera waits until the whole video is loaded before it does.

if you have a youtube account, open your account settings, go to playback, and select the always start in hq option.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zuffox posted:

It doesn't work, for some reason. They may have fixed it a couple of months ago, but I ticked that one a long time ago, and I still get the low quality videos.

Mine got reset when youtube decided I needed UK English instead of US, but I just set it and it's working fine for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I use 10 alpha on XP and 9.62 on OSX 10.5.6 with no problems with address bar searching on either.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Since upgrading, I now get a "no new messages" popup when I manually tell it to check my mail for each account.

I don't like this, and I cannot find a way to disable it. Prior to 10 it would just pop up if there was a message.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone having issues on OSX with rapid moving threads and trying to go to the new posts? It seems like it keeps going to one that was clicked a few minutes ago.

It's doing this with the last post and even if I post twice within a few minutes taking me to the earlier post rather than the new one.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 13, 2009

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

down1nit posted:

even after refreshing the thead list? try the delete private data dialog. choose the delete entire cache option

Every time I have to click on a thread again in rapid succession? If I wait about 5 minutes or so it works as it should.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There we go. That fixed it thanks!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kapalama posted:

Why am I able to pop up that think to let me move between tabs only sometimes?

I believe it's done by pressing and holding right click and using the scroll wheel. I used to do it inadvertently all the time before I realized what I was doing to trigger it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seduced Milkman posted:

Yep, always sends me to the same post instead of the last one.

This might help:

Plorkyeran posted:

Setting Preferences -> Advanced -> History -> Check Documents to "Always" fixed that problem for me, but it'll make typical browsing performance slightly worse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone know when 10.50 will be out for OSX?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Opera mini submitted to the iphone app store:

http://my.opera.com/community/countup/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

10.52 out for OSX

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't know about that bug, but I can finally minimize tabs on OSX and I'm happy as can loving be.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Would you mind linking me to a quicktime movie that is causing issues? I'll test it on mine.

It could be that you've upgraded and the bug has persisted. Does it exist on a fresh install?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kapalama posted:

http://gahoh.marinebat.com/movie/kanji/17kaku/shuku3D4C.html

The sites that I need to interact with are Kanji stroke order websites. I just chose a random one as an example. I need to both interact with and download them.

I never did a fresh install. OS X unfortunately stores stuff for browsers in at least 3 different locations, which makes rolling back and forth difficult, since I am not sure what I need to backup/restore to keep functionality going.

That plays perfectly fine for me. I'm able to hit space to start playing, and all other controls seem to work.

I just click on the video and all the controls are working A-ok.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's showing everything for me once I click on it. I'm not given the option to download, but that's showing as Pro only in safari.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It scrolls forward and back smoothly just fine for me. The context menu from from the triangle isn't there, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kapalama posted:

How did you enable this? It does not work out of the box, and I cannot find a preference for it.

Also is there a way to not have the scroll use momentum scrolling?

(The Quicktime bug is still not fixed in the 10.53 for OS X,if anyone but me cares.

Go to opera:config and either search for minimize or scroll down to user prefs and check off "Click to Minimize"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kapalama posted:

Here's a site where the animations are not working in my Opera 9.64 on Mac:
http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-stroke-order.php?searchChinese=1&zi=%E5%BF%85

Does this work for people using updated Opera on Mac?

It actually crashes 10.53 on 10.5.8 for me.