Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Firstgen 650S, stock tire sizes are the way to go with PR4s, right? Replacing my old worn out Q3's (former trackbike).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I've been meaning to throw this question out here to get a second opinion to see if something is normal or not.

On my '17 SV650 I've occasionally noticed when blipping the throttle prior to a downshift the engine will instead cut out and not respond for a split second sounding like a momentary misfire and then just continue on fine without incident until it's noticed again (maybe happens at least 1-2 time per tank of gas, usually at lower engine speeds - I've been running regular octane fuel per OEM recommendation, have 6k miles on the odometer, and no warning indications or any other similar or related issues).

My guess is this is either to do with the new intake system on the SV with the low-RPM assist that is getting in the way during certain conditions (one idea was that I was downshifting too quickly/aggressively at times, causing this to happen - although I'm not sure of the mechanics of the system so I'm not even sure if that would affect such operation in such a way). The other idea was that it's just a quirk inherent to the nature of the 90 degree V-twin? As I've said it's not a pressing concern at all but I'm just wondering if it's something worth bringing up to a dealer before year's end while still under warranty...

• Locked thread