Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Wouldn't a retard eliminator just be some burly dude kicking JTS off of his bike? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Also, the SV love in this thread will surely stop me from buying the sexy, sexy, Ducati 999 I keep oogling.

Yeah, I bet...

Even these pretty ladies are convinced that you will eventually cave in and buy a Duck.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

djfooboo posted:

First person who emails me djfooboo at yahoo dot com gets a free set of Vortex lowering links (LL544), just pay shipping.

Are they bike specific?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

It's a big, comfy bike, that is nicely suited to touring around, and some light off-road (fire roads ahoy!). It has brilliant ergos, and with fuel injection, it's a doddle to ride around. It also makes a pretty nice noise. Go test ride one if you can find one.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Tentacle Party posted:

Bel-Ray Superclean

It is really, really good for not flinging off. Buuuuuuuuut.... It turns into loving gummy poo poo after a short while, and holy crap, does it ever bind well with sand/dirt/grime/wildlife. I now just relegate it to use on my track bike, as I can't have anything flinging off where it could gently caress someone else's day up, but on all my other bikes, I'm using gear oil, fling off be damned.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Fair enough. I probably will do likewise, as I think I'm out of that Bel-Ray stuff, and it always left nasty white overspray on everything. Oh, also, I have to roll the bike over gravel/sand, so an oiled chain would probably pick up less crap.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Sure, but does it cost $6 for a bottle that will last for the better part of a year?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Hrm. I'll have a look when I'm out next time.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

MourningGlory posted:

Can anyone recommend a standard-mount slip-on that sounds good (deep, rumbly, not raspy) but is not significantly louder than the stock can? Or at least, not offensively loud?

Not sure how they sound for just a slip-on can, but I'd definitely avoid Hindle, if the full system is any indication. Goddamn, that thing is loooooouuuuuuuud.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I finally found a Gladius that Z3n might want to sell his kidneys for:

Supermoto Gladius!
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Custom%20Bikes/L-R-G%20Gladius.htm

Really, aside from that heinous stock exhaust, I now think that it looks less retarded than in the press material.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Simkin likes gay colors pass it on

And? I'd probably want to tart the bike up with some nice magenta graphics, just to get the full 80s :lsd: effect.

They could definitely do with twin front rotors, longer real travel, and a different mounting position for the exhaust (high mounted or undertail?). Still, I would ride the poo poo out of it, :gay: colour scheme and all.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Does anyone have rough suggestions for what the jets should be on a 1st gen SV, with a full exhaust system and modified airbox? My friend's bike has a pretty obnoxious flatspot (it couples well with the obnoxiously loud exhaust :v: ), and as far as we're aware, the jetting wasn't changed from stock when a full Hindle exhaust was put on. He was thinking of getting a shop to do the jetting, but that just sounds like a big waste of cash, especially since none of the shops around here have a dyno, they just test and tune on any long stretch of road. :ssj:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Awesome, thanks for that. Hopefully he can order up some 145-152.5 mains and try the rejetting sometime this week.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Well, I guess I know not to buy HF stands in the future. :v:

Do you have exposed rafters in your garage? Chuck a rope/strap over one or two, and use those to hold your bike upright while you reinstall the side stand (or the center stand, for that matter).

Simkin
May 18, 2007

mike fictitious posted:

I am thinking a V-Strom 650 (though there are far fewer for sale on CL). I don't know if I will ever take it off-road, but it seems pretty versatile on-road. Has anyone ridden one, and what were your thoughts?

Super comfortable bike to ride on the road, great ergos, bolt upright riding position, and with an aftermarket wind screen, you can happily ride around with your visor up and hold a conversation with your passenger.

Never did take one for a boot on gravel, mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

It didn't feel appreciably slower, but I'm sure that an SV would walk all over it on a track, definitely. That's not why you'd be buying one, though.

• Locked thread