Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I've never seen such confident, powerful strokes of the ass!
So my '99 didn't start today. Engine isn't really turning, I think my battery died? When press the ignition button, everything just goes out and nothing happens.
I want to push start it, but I keep getting horrifying images of flipping over and dying instantly. Is there anything I should know? What I get from it is that there's going to be some skidding involved. Am I making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
My '99 has a bit of trouble going on with it's brake lever. It's really loose and allows my brake light to be on when I'm not braking.. I tried tightening the screw/bolt that's on it, but I managed to brake the screw, and now I got two problems! Before it broke, it didn't seem to get any better. Is there a way to adjust this?

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
Stupid question here! My bike won't start so my dad and I were following some troubleshooting steps in the Clymer manual, and I think we narrowed it down to the signal generator being bad. I forget what we were testing the power output of, but the book said it should be 3 Volts, but we were getting 1 Volt.

So my dumb question...What exactly is a signal generator? All I know is that there's a big magnet in/around it and there's a circular copper thing (stator?)

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
Does anyone have experience with removing the alternator/stator cover on a first gen? I'm following my Clymer manual, but the cover just doesn't budge. I removed the clutch assembly, all the bolts around the cover, but it won't come off.
It wiggles a little, but it seems like something else is there holding it around the top left of it. Any ideas?

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I have a question about the airbox on a 1st gen. My dad and I were tinkering around under the thank because the bike wouldn't start, and he randomly tried to start the bike with his hand covering the hole on top, and it ran. Hand off, tank down, it didn't run.
I'm thinking the gasket around the carb is not fully covering it maybe? Is there anything else this could mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
Cold and choked. Also tried with no choke. Is there anything common that goes out on the air systems on Gen 1's that I should start with? I'm gonna double check and make sure it's sitting on the carbs correctly first.

• Locked thread