Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfiniteNoodles
Jul 9, 2008

Tentacle Party posted:

Hay guys. Almost up to 6000k's on the 08 SV, I will probably put her in for a service in the next two weeks and I'll raise it with them, but i wanted to know if anyone else notices this. When i am riding, and the engine is at or passes 4500rpm the bike has a rattle in it. Its feels and sounds like its just the resonant frequency of the engine, maybe something that just comes about once the engine wears in?

Yes, this started happening to my SVS (an 05) at around 8000 miles. It's fairly unobtrusive, but the engine noise just subtly changed around then and took on a slight rattling noise. It's not really noticeable unless you know what the bike used to sound like.

I took it in for a tune-up/inspection and asked them to check out the noise. They didn't find anything wrong and I've been riding it for a while since then with no problem. I think it's safe to say that it's probably just a normal change in engine noise from wear-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread