Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Blue 06 SV-S, reporting for duty! It's got assorted bits of cosmetic damage and is long overdue for tires and maintenance but it's still running like the day I bought it. Now that I've got a job again, I can take it to the shop and get that all squared away before something critical breaks and kills me. After that, it's time to pop on the frame sliders and take it to the track.

Also, the SV love in this thread will surely stop me from buying the sexy, sexy, Ducati 999 I keep oogling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Z3n posted:

Nope, sorry, it won't. :v: I'm pretty sure the 999 is the dark mistress of most SV riders. :xd:
You're doing it wrong!

Simkin posted:

Even these pretty ladies are convinced that you will eventually cave in and buy a Duck.

YOU'RE DOING IT EVEN WRONGER! I'm very easily influenced by the internet and I'd rather you all just validate my decisions unquestioningly.

The same place that has the 999 has that Xerox bike there as well. 40k for a car isn't that fancy, but there's something about seeing a forty-thousand dollar price tag on a bike that just seemed... utterly mad. I'd never buy a $40k bike for the same reason that I'd never buy a $100 pair of sunglasses. When your $10 sunglasses end up at the bottom of the harbor, you can laugh about it. When your $100 sunglasses end up in the same place, it's not so funny.

edit: Actually, those chicks ain't that fly. I was too busy gawking at the bike to notice at first. Then again, I tend towards practicality and I think that bike is probably the lowest-maintenance thing in that picture.

Artemis J Brassnuts fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 3, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Riding to work in a Seattle Winter? You guys are dedicated. I start getting second thoughts about riding to work if it's less than 50.

Z3n posted:

If it's 40k, they're either nuts, or that's a 999R, with the absurdly built racing spec engine. I'd gamble on the second. It still "only" makes like, 150hp, but they won a lot of championships with it.
They're two separate bikes; the 999 I want is only 10k. I didn't bother to look at the specs on the Xerox bike but the place is pretty legit so I assumed it was this. If I was inclined to buy it, I'd drat sure make sure it wasn't a clay replica with a funky-fresh bodykit.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Captain Apollo posted:

My sv650 is my first bike.
This, and...

Captain Apollo posted:

I'd recommend the MSF course and THEN the sv650 :D
this. I bought the SV because I'd heard it was a good learner bike. I hear a lot about being well-balanced and not overly-powerful, plus it's fuel injected so you don't have to worry about cold starts or screwing with the choke, so it's got one less thing to gently caress up.

Also, I recommend you just push it the hell over as soon as you get it. No use worrying about when it's going to get it's first scratch. Seriously, though - I'd had mine for something like two days before losing my balance backing out of a parking space and setting it down. I don't think anyone's first bike stays pretty long; the scratches are like fingerprints - that's how you can tell which one is yours.

• Locked thread