Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
My new to me 07 S model seems to be enjoying breaking little things. First the battery died. Of course it happened in the dmv parking lot after we signed over the title. Then when doing a proper cleaning I noticed a bracket was broken. Took me forever looking through the parts catalog to figure out it was part of the throttle body linkage. Today I start the bike up and it started leaking gas. Cut to me taking the seat off, lifting the tank, removing the air filter assembly, and... can't find the leak. Reassemble everything and it rides fine, no further leaking. Some googling suggest its the two clamps on the fuel line connecting the two cylinders so I guess I'll replace those just to be safe. Frustrating that a bike that looks so clean has had so many little issues, however small they may be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

schreibs posted:

Did you leave the key on while signing over the title? :ssh:

No. I had the key with me. It was just a weak battery caused by my short test ride and starting it again afterwards. I hope.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

GanjamonII posted:

Battery might just be dead especially if the PO didnt ride it much.

I had mine leak gas when the fitting connecting the fuel line to the fuel rail (I hope I got those terms right) came a little loose. I pushed it back on tight and it hasn't leaked any since.

Looking around online seems to suggest that is the most common cause. Or the fuel injector gasket is bad. Neither seem like terribly difficult fixes

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Coydog posted:

MetaJew- Look here for the r6 throttle tube info. http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/bike/r6-throttle.php

Aftermarket exhausts for the SV. Let me preface this by saying that I know other people have delk or M4 and like them and there are those in this thread who have them. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings if you have one (and sorry if you have one), and hope we can still be bros. This is just my own (strong) opinion.

...:words:
This one post made me start looking at exhausts and I ended up with a Yosh RS3 can. Sounds great.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Does anyone need a stock 2007 seat? I replaced it with a Corbin. Good condition, no tears. Free if picked up in Redlands, CA. Cost of shipping otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there any exhaust for the sv that gives it a bit more bark without going "insane wide open megaphone"? The engine sounds really nice but I'd rather not make my neighbors hate me and be deaf for 30 minutes after I get off the bike

I guess the analogy would be like the fmf q4 is in the dirt bike world?

I was quite happy with my Yosh trioval (can only, not full system). Nice sound, not too loud even without the silencer.

• Locked thread