Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
Oh hey, I also bought a 2001, with 21k miles on it. And I too need new fork seals, this is weird.

I payed $2400 though :(

This is mine;

Edit: here's an actual question; since I don't have the maint record for the bike what should I be getting checked out besides the basics (chain, oil, carb) is there anything major to expect around this amount of miles ?

MuffinMan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

I don't know, but after reading this I am so glad my SV only has a leaky fork seal.

MuffinMan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 3, 2008

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

BotchedLobotomy posted:

I have a GS500 I have ridden for a few months and it has a host of problems I really dont feel like fixing anymore. I feel very comfortable (confident) riding it. Would an SV650 be an ok step up or am I going to feel like I have too much power for someone who has only been riding since august?

The 650 is awesome, don't give me an answer I don't want to hear :(

I went from putting 300 miles on an EX250 to an SV650 as a daily and I didn't have any issues. You just need to be aware of what trouble you can get yourself into and have some personal restraint.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

Probably want to replace that battery or at the very least get a trickle charger.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

anecdotal I have 34k over 9 years with 15k put on in the last two and everything seems ok!

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

SV650 was and still is my first bike, I've tacked on almost 15k now. I've never had it really get away from me but I've always had a good handle on self restraint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

If anyone in the southwest is looking for a used SV650 I have one I'm looking to sell.

It's a 2001 and just tipped over 30k but it's always treated me well and I kept it off the ground. It has some torn seats, thanks to the Arizona sun, and will need a new chain otherwise I tried to maintain it as best as possible.

I'm in the phoenix metro area.

Relevant to the thread, since I know this isn't the CA marketplace thread... I loved this bike and it treated me well for two years and 17k miles. I just bought a new house and truck and don't have the time to keep up with my toys.

• Locked thread