Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
2006 Sv650S

Yoshimura TRS Full Exhaust
Power Commander III
Air filter
Edit: 2005 gsxr shock

I need to take some pics.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
That is not 06 blue...

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I say go ahead, people ride the 650 as a first bike, remember though, the 650 has more horsepower and torque and it weighs less. Don't hop on and forget what bike you are riding.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I find it to be useful as poo poo when I'm loading the bike on and unloading the bike off my rearstand.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Hey guys, I have a 2006 SV650S with a Full Yosh and a PCIII with about 6500 miles.

Recently I synced my throttle bodies and changed my oil. I drove the bike home that day and when I went to start it the next day it had a hell of a time idling and threw me the FI code. I took it back apart and resynced the TBs/made sure everything was tight and I got the light to go away. It still idles like crap though, and seems to be running rich. When I pulled the plugs they looked a little wet.

I've resynced the bike twice more now and I'm still having an erratic idle. It will idle at about 1.2-1.3k on start up and then once it gets warm it will idle at about 1.5k. I've also had it hang on idle, where if I'm moving under power and then clutch in it will hang at 2k for about five seconds before dropping back to about 1.5k.

I've had the PCIII on it for quite a while and it has always seemed fine. My options right now are the sync tool is bad and the TBs are not actually synced, something happened with my PCIII map, or something else. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I'm sure it has been asked in this thread a million times, but it is tire time for me. I need a rear mainly, but I'm thinking of just getting a set.

Most of my riding is highway and I'd love to look at a harder center dual compound tire. I really know very little about them so give me suggestions! Thanks.

Oh yea, 2006 S model, not that it really matters.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Also, get rid of that read fender. It looks like a coal shovel.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Verge posted:

I bought a 2000 SV650 today per Zen's advice. It has 6 speeds. What gives?

Normally between 5th and 6th... Sometimes 4th and 5th...

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Coydog posted:

So, you know how when you read watched (who am i kidding) harry potter, they had to take the train platform that was between platforms? It's like that for the SV. If you want to lean on the sv, you need to be between 4th and 5th, or 5th and 6th. You'll get it, with practice.

I had an SV for 9 years and I want to say I spent 75% of my time every time just feeling the rhythm of the road between gears. I mean, it may say 6, but why not 16, or 26 you know?

It was supposed to be a false neutral joke with the "What Gives?". The transmission gives extra neutrals.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Coydog posted:

No it's not, it's six speed, just like the new one. I've never even heard of a 5 speed SV. You have to use your words so we know what you mean when you say things.

How RUDE.

He is right though, Always been a 6 speed. Always will be. Forever in our hearts.

SV650 <3 6 Speed

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
And the SV used to have such a welcoming community.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Verge posted:

this is my 5th bike... anyway, ive always had 6 speeds but as far as i know, it's supposed to have 5 because it's first gen.

Verge posted:

sweet thanks, didn't know i could do that

Bicycles don't count when you talk bike ownership history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Yes. Adjust the slack at the handlebars, not down by the engine.

• Locked thread