Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
So after months of my bike not starting, I finally tried jumping the solenoid using the screwdriver/arc welder technique.

I touched by screws together at the same time with some pliers with insulated handles. Wow, the starter now fires! The button the handlebar is still non-functional.

Does this mean my problem is the solenoid or the connection to the solenoid from the handlebars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Going to order a new one today.

I guess I really should go to Harbor Freight and just get a volt meter to test the connections or something right?

I think I'm going to start a thread of my terrible attempts at repairing my sv.

I'm taking it apart to really clean it up. Last time I had to take it apart and put it back together, it was outside in a dorm parking lot. NOw that I have a agarage maybe I can do it a little better :)

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
I just ordered that one, thanks!

how the gently caress do I use it :[

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Okay but I know my battery works.

What would be the way to test a 01 sv650s relay?

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Yes I tried those first. It was so weird cause I rode my motorcycle home, then got on it 30 minutes later to get some food and it had kaput.

This was the first day of warm riding that it broke fyi :(

• Locked thread