Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Whoa SV thread time for pics.

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

My bike on the last ride.

DRZ ZX14 and a bunch of SVs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Hooray its Saturday, that means buying things for the bike! Dark grey paint plus clear indicators = :c00lbert:

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Oh my, whats this?

Yay, my rear hugger has arrived, from Germany of all places.

Took off the wheel to get in there and clean out the gunk before i fitted the hugger. It was easier to line up the hugger this way too.

Out dammed spot! Ahh, much cleaner.

A bit of kerosene and the rear wheel is nice and clean too.

Hugger drilled, sanded and cleaned awaiting paint.

Painted in gloss black, but with the light sanding has a nice satin finish.

Fit perfectly, i had head there was problems with the OEM huggers fitting the K8 models due to the ABS. But everything lines up fine, there is around 4mm clearance on the right and maybe 2mm on the left. After taking it for a blat it doesn't look like it moves or rubs on the tire.

YAY! Well that's my Christmas present to myself...

Tentacle Party fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 13, 2008

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Zenaida posted:

What all did you do to it? The rearsets look pretty stock, what do you mean by "fitting me properly"? Lowering links?

Hmmm, there seems to be remote reservoir for the rear shock... maybe its all suspension setup?

Looks good though, not sure about the graveyard photo shoot though :(

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Hay guys. Almost up to 6000k's on the 08 SV, I will probably put her in for a service in the next two weeks and I'll raise it with them, but i wanted to know if anyone else notices this. When i am riding, and the engine is at or passes 4500rpm the bike has a rattle in it. Its feels and sounds like its just the resonant frequency of the engine, maybe something that just comes about once the engine wears in?

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

CompulsiveGamer posted:

Mine kinda does that too. Is it really bad, like heavy vibration bad?

No, there isn't any real vibration to it. The engine noise just changes, from within the case, it sounds more hollow but as soon as it goes past 5000rpm its gone. I'm putting it down to just part of my bike character.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Had a bit of a James May day today. Its so much fun planning to just lube the chain on the weekend, only to spend the better part of 4 hours pulling the rear end apart to go at everything with an old toothbrush and some kerosine. I was using Motul chain lube before and that stuff flung like a motherbitch. Have changed to Bel-Ray Superclean which is supposedly better.

The end result.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

MourningGlory posted:

Dupont Teflon stuff.

Sold. Seems like its a bit hard to source down under but supposedly it can be found in boating stores. Will definitely give it a go. No fling and no dirt attraction would be perfect for my :argh: polished rims :argh:

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Wow. Just got back from my first ride after getting a set of Michelin Pilot Powers fitted. I never liked the OEM tyres, but these bad boys just blow them away. It was so much fun tipping into corners and powering through way faster than the last tyre. I know that they wont last as long as something like the Road2s or the RoadSmarts but what the hell. The next few months are going to be fun!

Still need to drop the triples down the forks around 5mm to make up the difference as I got a 70 profile on the front. Still, makes the bike look smaller 0_o.

Click here for the full 1440x810 image.

edit- Also what the hell? The Yoshimura importer for Australia has gone bust! I cant order in a full system until Suzuki sort their poo poo out. An M4 system from the US is looking more and more attractive...

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

PitViper posted:

So as far as parts interchanges go for Suzuki's, how about forks for an '03 SV650S? I've had a bit of a tumble this weekend, and I'm afraid I'll be needing a pair of forks, radiator, and front plastics (plastics being last on my list of priorities).

I've sorta-kinda hunted around, but just got back with the bike in a truck, and have to get it unloaded now. Will be posting details in the Crash Reports thread later. Thanks in advance :)

You mean fitting non SV forks? GSXR 600/750 seem to be the best option if you want to spend a few thousand. Or ohlins :v: If you mean other SV forks then 03-09 should fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Ahh i miss the GOR and the Black Spur. :(

Still, nice bike though! That exhaust, isn't it a little petite? heh *looks at giant yoshi can*

• Locked thread