Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Spiffness posted:

two bros and the SV: a loving amazing combination. Don't setle for the stock can.

Z3n can you comment at all on brake upgrades and gsxr front ends? Wanna do both to my 07 over winter

You should probably source an entire new front end for, uh, performance reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Spiffness posted:

I'm running Pilot Powers CT2's on my SV and I love them over the stockers. Great tires. I was a bit worried about wet/cold weather performance but so far they've been just fine.

Can anyone recommend a set of flush mount or nice replacement stock turn signals?

A buddy was riding my SV today when he locked up the front and went down at about 10mph or so, my SV got it's first taste of pavement. Big honkin frame sliders did a great job of saving most of the bike, but the plastics got rashed a little bit and my turn signal got destroyed, along with my shift lever and left footpeg.

So it goes...

and then what did you do?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Spiffness posted:

Eye for an eye

What good is rote memory if it does you no good in an emergency situation.

GriszledMelkaba fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 24, 2008

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Z3n posted:

It is pre-2006. 2007 got the kickass dual plug head.

FWIW, I've never had a problem with mine cutting out in rain, but I've only ridden through a few torrential downpours. I just always made sure the spark plug top sealed well.

Didn't that portable43021897439824 dude have a bunch of problems with his? He hasn't posted in a while

Simkin posted:

Wouldn't a retard eliminator just be some burly dude kicking JTS off of his bike? :iiam:

:respek:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Two Brothers is loud.

It might not hit your ear loud on the seat but goddamn does that pipe penetrate urban apartments like no other.

Spiffness posted:

not offensively loud (I dont think)

I feel like I need to have a helmet with an LED halo telling other drivers and pedestrians "I'M SORRY THIS ISN'T MY BIKE IT'S HIS >>>>>>>"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Simkin likes gay colors pass it on

• Locked thread