Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

bladesamurai posted:

Also I don't believe the '04 had the black frame so that's a different year.

Right, the '04 is a silver frame and it didn't have the windscreen. Its an '05 at least. Either way, probably a pretty good deal if you are handy and know how to get a title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I ran over a retread on the freeway tonight on my way home from work and consequently the shifter knob broke off of the lever. I figure this might be an excuse to upgrade to some rearsets if I can find them cheap enough. Does anyone one have a pair of Woodcraft or Vortex rearsets for an 04 laying around they are willing to part with?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Well poo poo, it sure is a small world. #1 is/was my bike. Z3n literally texted me as Quite A Tool was driving away with on it.

Quite A Tool, if you have an questions you now know where to find me.

Edit: Z3n, I was bitching about some punk kid. Quite A Tool was a stand-up guy from start to finish.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

the walkin dude posted:

Yay on the goon family transaction!

Tell us about the punk kid.

I don't think either of us knew we were goons. I did mention my friend who loaned me a shim kit that raced SVs in California but I don't think the connection was made. I'm happy the bike went to a good home.

Nothing much to tell about the punk kid. Typical craigslist douchebag looking to lowball without even seeing the bike.

Also, time to shop for dirtbikes.

Edit: yeah, since it was missing most of the shims I needed.

jdonz fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 9, 2012

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Quite A Tool posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble with an '04 SV. When at or near full throttle around 6.5 or 7k or so it suddenly bogs and loses pretty significant amounts of power, sputters and backfires, and then clears up around 8k or so. It has a Yosh slipon and jdonz suggested that it may be because it doesn't have a map for the pipe? Has anyone experienced this before? It had an older tank of gas when I got it, but since has had a few tanks run through it and is fine everywhere else in the revs so that shouldn't be the issue.

Sorry about that. The PC was something I had always planned on doing, I just hadn't gotten around to doing it before I sold the bike. I never experienced the backfire, but definitely when pinning the throttle there was a flat spot between 6.5 and 8k, just how Quite A Tool is mentioned. Also, I should note, that it only happened when pinning the throttle, when rolling on in a normal manner there was no flat spot and acceleration was normal.

Keep us posted. I'm hoping that if you do install the PC that it fixes the issue.

I'm only posting because I don't want the internet to thing I'm a douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Quite A Tool posted:

Great buy. Further anecdotal evidence I bought mine with around 25k and rode it up to nearly 50k with no concerns about reliability. Still wish I didn't have to get rid of it.

I still miss it several bikes later. I am glad it treated you good.

• Locked thread