Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
civvy
Aug 12, 2004

The lyric sheet's so hard to find... what are the words? Oh never mind.
Got my SV (2001) the other day, and am loving it so far, despite the British weather :D

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

civvy
Aug 12, 2004

Captain Apollo posted:

Wow nice! Looks like it's in really good shape body wise!

How many HP's do the stickers add?

I was thinking about drilling some speed holes to really compliment them ;)

ranathari posted:

If you're new to SVs, go check out the forum at https://www.sv650.org - plenty of SV riders across the UK and there's always ride-outs and meet-ups in the regional sections. Also, well done on getting the only true SV and not falling into the trap of buying one of those ugly pointy ones.

Cheers, joined up there the other day after being pointed that way by a fellow SV rider I met in the middle of London traffic on the way to the MCN bike show (he knew the way better than we did :D)

civvy
Aug 12, 2004

ranathari posted:

I think the law's a great idea because it does stop a lot of idiots from doing their test and jumping straight on a litrebike but it's not perfect. The worst riders I've known generally tend to do DAS, which lets them jump on a litrebike right after a 3-day course with no previous riding experience and I do think that needs to change.

I'd say it should go the other way, if I'm understanding you correctly.

You can do a test in a car at 17, then immediately jump in any car and drive it. You're going to do a lot more damage in the car if something goes wrong. Why should it have to be any different for a bike?

• Locked thread