Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that
I love my sv.. I have an 06. It has a yoshimura exhaust on it, but that's about it. I've taken it on many roadtrips and she's never given me issues. Couldn't have asked for a better bike :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

I got a set of moto-sliders for my bike today. I got the frame sliders and swingarm sliders. They were relatively easy to install. I noticed that the bolt that they replace was super super rusted.. is that normal?

I have a Suzuki bellypan and the rear seat cover coming in next week. These are my first actual mods to the bike and I've already put 16,000 miles on it. I almost feel like I've neglected it this whole time.

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

schreibs posted:

You have neglected it :(
I gave it a lot of attention.. just never purchased gifts for it :/

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

I finally got my belly pan and rear seat cowl.

I also installed some framesliders from Motoslider. I'm going to keep the rear grabber thing since my girl rides with me and I don't want to have to reinstall it each time we go out.

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

jdonz posted:

I love the belly on the N models. Where did you get it from and was it color matched? My 04 is the same color, Candy Grand Blue I think.
Found it on svrider and ya, it was already color matched.

I love the look too but never wanted to spend the money. Found a guy on svrider that was selling one still wrapped in factory plastic with all the hardware for $250 shipped, so I got it.

I decided to take the rear bar off. Apparently M doesn't use it at all when we ride and I saw a pic of an sv with it off and I really like it :]

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Captain Apollo posted:

HEY DANGERZ WHATS THAT OTHER THING IN YOUR GARAGE YOU BIG JERK

just kidding man hope youre doing awesome the SV looks great :)
Psh, your other thing has wings >:[ That's actually pretty cool.

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

So I decided to add a garage door opener button to my SV. I was getting really tired of reaching in my pocket with gloves on just to find the drat thing. Here's a picture of the final assembly:

If you want to see the full details, my build thread is here: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?p=1858096

This is a much nicer solution and it only cost me ~$4 :]

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

jdonz posted:

The SV looks great. The door opener is a good idea. I went with a keychain and that stays on my key all the time, but your button is something I may try.

I just ordered the Hotbodies undertail kit. I don't have a clue when it will be here, hopefully by next weekend. I'll document the installation and post here to let you know if its worth it.
I have the keychain, but I don't like having anything hanging off my motorcycle key. I don't even like having things hanging from my car keys really. At least in my car though, if the fob breaks, it just falls to the ground.

I love the hotbodies undertail kit. I heard the lights are pretty weak on 'em though. Also I wish they weren't so drat expensive :X

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Captain Apollo posted:

gently caress man, I didn't mean MINUS 50...I meant anything below 50.

God I feel like a pansy now
Stop bein a sissy and head over towards DFW.

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

I moved to Florida last year and I noticed this week that I've started to get some rust on the forks. Is this something to be concerned about? I found this picture which has a circle of where my rust is:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/180/916/2756976-bike03.jpg

Not sure if I should strip it or let it go. Bike has 20k+ miles on it ('06 650).

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Z3n posted:

Just rub it off. It's over where the forks oil on the sliders, so rust tends to build up there.
drat.. so not a good enough reason to switch to a 750 front end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Got it 5 years ago with 1 mile on it. ~26k later, still running strong with no major issues. Love this thing.

• Locked thread