Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Spiffness posted:

I'm running Pilot Powers CT2's on my SV and I love them over the stockers. Great tires. I was a bit worried about wet/cold weather performance but so far they've been just fine.

Can anyone recommend a set of flush mount or nice replacement stock turn signals?

A buddy was riding my SV today when he locked up the front REAR ENDED ZOOL and went down at about 10mph or so, my SV got it's first taste of pavement. Big honkin frame sliders did a great job of saving most of the bike, but the plastics got rashed a little bit and my turn signal got destroyed, along with my shift lever and left footpeg.

So it goes...

You left out a couple of minor details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
It is not a consensus, but I don't think it's a bad first bike.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
What award did you win? Most common commuter bike?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Captain Apollo posted:

What are you going to replace it with?

New spark plugs.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Usually with custom CF 2 gallon sprint tanks.

Composites are pretty easy to work with, It's really not that hard.
http://www.westsystem.com/ss/the-lost-foam-method-of-composite-fabrication/

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
So... Is the passenger side mirror on the back of the bike?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Pull the part that attaches to the plug (why can't I think of it's name)

Wire :v:

Zool fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 14, 2009

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

benwards posted:

Turns out that the cylinder, radiator, and certainly the plug were all flooded. Torrential rains are a bit much for my particular bike, it seems.

This doesn't really make sense. It rained so hard it filled your radiator with water? And the cylinder filled up with water? How, you left it outside in the rain with the heads off?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

WildWanderer posted:

While I'm here I'd like a suggestion on handlebars. The factory bars are bent (and bent back) so I want to replace them ASAP. I found the factory bars to be a little too high and a little too narrow for my taste. Any suggestions on what I should replace them with? I replaced my Seca's factory ape-hangers with MX bars and really liked them, but I don't think that would work out quite the same on the SV560. Any and all words of wisdom on this matter would be appreciated.

Take the stock bars into a dealer that has a few different MX bar bends. Find a pair a little lower, and a little wider than the ones you have. If you can't find what you like look for a 'superbike' bend online. Keep your cables and brake lines in mind when you get wider bars, but you should be able to make small changes without any problems.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

teh bux posted:

Can a full fairing be mounted to a half-faired SV650S pretty easily? Also, how big of an ordeal is swapping to a cafe-style big old circluar headlight?

The SV full fairing will mount right up. If you want a circular headlight with the SV fairing you'll need to modify the fairing yourself. Huge ordeal.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

dietcokefiend posted:

Will 2-cycle mixed into premium gas do anything bad to my 2007 SV650? I have like 3 gallons with a partial diluted mix to burn off and I dont want to dump it in my car with cats. Concerned about fuel injectors and the o2 sensor really, dont mind a puff or two extra of smoke.

You're right that it could foul the cat in your car, although it might be fine diluted with another 7 in the tank. The pre-mix will have no effect on the fuel injectors, or 02 sensor.

Dump it in, or better yet, go buy a dirtbike.

Can I recommend an alternative fuel for any other SV650s? I hear Suzuki's run well on NOS Energy drinks.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Coredump posted:

I've started to notice a clicking sound as I turn my handlebars lock to lock. What's that mean? Need to tighten the nuts or look at new bearings?

Before you tear apart the steering stem, make sure it isn't a cable pulling across the fairing or something simple like that.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

chryst posted:

What's happened to the exhaust? Was that just a giant heat shield? I see you removed the stupid lower frame cover thing. Now if you could just remove the giant piece of driftwood the pegs mount to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Could be worn dogs(teeth/holes on the face of the gear) on 20 and 27.

Or 2. Wear in 7 could cause it too, but It's not very likely.

• Locked thread