Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

Heaven knows we'll soon be dust.
College Slice

dietcokefiend posted:

Nuclear headlight pics
My factory headlights are pretty good, but I think I gotta get some of these. I wonder if they can be fitted inside the S fairing/headlight housing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

College Slice

Phy posted:

Totally out of left field: How does an SV hold up for light-duty touring? (read: weekend to a week or so)

I've done a couple 300 mile days and I feel like my SVS did great. However, that was all secondary roads with no highway miles (I don't know if it's me or what, but I find riding the SV at highway speeds to be unsettling and at times outright scary).
Anyway, I just finished a proper luggage setup and I plan to do some extensive touring later this summer. I suggest investing in a better seat or modifying your OEM saddle.

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

College Slice

Simkin posted:

Super comfortable bike to ride on the road, great ergos, bolt upright riding position, and with an aftermarket wind screen, you can happily ride around with your visor up and hold a conversation with your passenger.

Never did take one for a boot on gravel, mind you.

Aren't they also a good deal slower than an SV, due to being heavier and having milder cams (or some other power difference)?

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

College Slice

Phy posted:

So I'm guessing that because of the underslung pipe and stressed-member engine you can't really lift a SV/DL with an ATV lift?

I don't know if it's a good idea, but before I had stands, I lifted my SV with a floor jack under the engine (using a block of wood between the two). That was several thousand miles ago, no problems in the interim.

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

College Slice

dietcokefiend posted:

Wait my 2nd gen has a toolbox cover? I thought the pouch just gets tossed in under the seat?

Your bike has ABS, right? If so, you don't have a "toolbox"--that's where the ABS servomotor/pump thing is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

College Slice
I have the stainless steel "full size" (bigger than the stubby, but still way smaller in all dimensions than the huuuuuuuuge stocker) Delkevic muffler on my 2nd gen and I'm really happy with it for the money. It's not as nicely constructed as a Yosh or whatever, but it's solid and sounds nice, both with and without the silencer. I've put about a thousand miles on mine and it's seen lots of rain and wet and there are no signs of rust or corrosion. I don't see why it wouldn't last for years.

For the money, you can't really go wrong with it, in my opinion.

• Locked thread