Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
Checking into the SV club. I got my silver 03 650S back in 04, slightly used, on the recommendation of my nephew:

Threw a Gixxer shock on the back end, put a Scorpion slipon on, lowered the front a tiny bit, pulled all the padding out of the seat and replaced it all with a mousepad, rode it from LA to Effingham, IL and back in March 05, which as it turns out, involved quite a bit of snow during the portions that involved either Utah or Colorado:

and now I mostly ride my DR650 because the roads here in LA suck balls, but I've managed to put 50k miles on the SV so far, and she's never seen a mechanic, had her valves looked at, or ever failed to start and run perfectly, despite a couple of slight mishaps and a less than stellar dedication to maintenance. About as reliable as gravity, so far, although she does get jealous when I ride my scooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

MuffinMan posted:

I don't know, but after reading this I am so glad my SV only has a leaky fork seal.

Captain Apollo posted:

LOL I have a leaky fork seal too

Sup, leaky fork sv buddies. Is blown fork seals a common things for the SV? I don't think any of my other bikes have ever had seal issues. I really don't feel like disassembling my stupid front end to fix this.

• Locked thread