Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
I'm starting my nursing degree at the beginning of next year, and I'm very excited :) I'm in South Africa, and you are obliged by law to do a Zuma year, a year of poorly paid government work in the busiest and understaffed hospitals. I'm hoping to becoming a registered nurse and eventually working in Australia (they get you residence within 2 weeks and you have a salary 3-4 times that you get in South Africa). I'm not in Nursing for the money, but if my boyfriend and I are going to raise a family, a South African nursing salary would not suffice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
I'm studying nursing at the University of the Western Cape in South Africa, it's a fantatastic course. Did my first proper day of clinical duty today, I helped clean a patient whose facial tumour was rotting away. Cancer smells so strange, I don't think I'll ever forget it. I also got tested on my full body wash skills even though I'd never performed one except in theory excercises. I got 90%, whoop. Oncology is an awesome place to work.