Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asbo subject
Jan 22, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

a handful of dust posted:

Nursing seems really interesting to me

I have a BA in history and have mostly worked a bunch of unfulfilling jobs since graduation. Nursing seems interesting, and I'm in the process of applying to several local schools. Pre-reqs aren't too bad for someone who already has a bachelors; I've just got to knock out 2 semesters of A&P and microbio and I'm good to go.

I'm curious what the work environment's like for guys, mainly. Especially more ah...traditionally male guys. I'm 6'1" 200 lbs and I have a shaved head and a bunch of tattoos , am I going to be judged negatively for this in interviews or have trouble fitting into a female dominated workplace?

I'm also interested in Neonatal nursing as a career goal, is this an uncommon specialty for men?

I'm a shaven headed white english working class male who aint much shorter than you. I have no tattoos. I work in theatres ( OR ) and enjoy working with neonates. As long as you care about your job, are willing to listen and learn- you will be golden.

Its not a bad job and as long as you are good at it, nobody gives a flying gently caress what sex you are.

asbo subject fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asbo subject
Jan 22, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bum the Sad posted:

Except for other male nurses. loving human being rear end murses.

I hate those sorta murses too.