Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

English male nursing student reporting in, I'm getting pretty confused at all the acronyms you're using; they're all different here.

I'm still in the common foundation year and I'm not totally sure what I want to be doing by the end. I really enjoy working with children so I'm thinking of going for paediatric nursing, does that screw me over in terms of career paths? And how difficult is it to become a nurse practitioner? I understand it might be very different over here but any input would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Iron Squid posted:

Ah, holy gently caress. Christ.

Nursing school begins tomorrow.

Star Craft 2 comes out on Tuesday.

:smith:

Starcraft 2 comes out tomorrow, my 4 weeks off from Uni start today! Hell it's about time! Got a few essays and revision to catch up on though. Best of luck with your training, marine.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Apkallu posted:

On another topic: I'm a very logical, scientific oriented person and I am constantly dismayed by the amount of pseudo-science and amorphous 'woo' they keep bringing up. They are bringing a chiropractor to my psych class next week (this was not on the syllabus and I really don't see how it fits in at all.) Are other programs seeing a lot of this? My school's supposed to be research oriented, which is part of the reason I chose it.

You got nothing on me- one of the lecturers is a homeopath and taught us evidence-based practice for a semester. That was fun...