Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smushroomed
May 24, 2009

Pinkmetallic posted:

Question for anyone who has taken (and passed) the NCLEX-RN:
What is the best review book for the NCLEX-RN to use - specifically throughout nursing school (not just the months leading up to the test)? I have heard Kaplan and Saunders...but I really don't have any idea.

I highly recommend kaplan, and take their NCLEX class if you can

They give you a different book that isn't available in stores (I have both) and it was worth the month

It is a bit pricey, 500 USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smushroomed
May 24, 2009
Passed my NCLEX-RN

Looking for a a job now

Anyone got any hot tips for jobs in Southern California? Any where from LA to SD is fine with me

I've only applied to a few hospitals, but they hate new grads for the most part. I might just got for a SNF job while I obtain my BSN

smushroomed
May 24, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

How hard was the NCLEX for you?

Fairly hard, I don't really study, but my friends said I was pretty intense during the 3 weeks I was studying for the NCLEX, do yourself a huge favor and sign up for some coursework, I recommend kaplan

You can aim me for anything else, I'd be glad to help. AIM: terence is away

Pixi posted:

You can come work at my hospital! We pay pretty ok, our ratios are decent, and we have a nursing residency program that will allow you to go right in to NICU, ED, etc. PM me if you want the info. Nursing residency starts in July, I believe.

I dont have PMs :(

I can e-mail if you post it, or my e-mail is terencecah at gmail dot com

smushroomed
May 24, 2009
So it's been a few months since I started working as an RN in a nursing home, and the money is nice, the experience is okay, and my co-workers are supportive.

But I'm still desperately trying to find a job as a new grad RN in an acute setting. Anyone know of hospitals starting new grad programs soon?