Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm doing it. I'm starting nursing school in 16 days. Unfortunately, none of the schools around me have a bridge from medic to RN, so I get to do it all from scratch. Please accept me as one of you even though I've been a medic close to a decade :ohdear:

On one of my orientation days I overheard a guy sitting in front of me, flirting with the girl next to him, and at one point, bragging how good of a nurse he was (LPN bridging to RN), and how the best fields for nursing are, and I quote: "psych and corrections. hands down. two best fields of nursing to go into." My man is either a master troll or an idiot. Haven't quite figured out which yet.

I'm quite excited to see what kind of hijinks this clown is going to get into, because if orientation day was any indicator, he's in for a long 16 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jamais Vu Again posted:

Worked with a(n Excelsior College) medic->RN who went into my cvicu as a new grad (I moved in after a year of cardiac step down) and he was both cocky and an idiot. Complained about how complex the NIH stroke scale was in comparison to the Cincinnati scale. Multiple times had to be physically stopped from slamming an amp of epi or calcium on an unstable heart. Multiple times. (He moved to medical ICU, I got the CV spot)

:stare: Jesus Christ, but why was he such a clown? He went through school, did he just surf on his "I'm a medic" ego? Because if so, lmao

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ravenfood posted:

Very variable from place to place. I never did. Also never had to cosign insulins, but the place my wife works at they have to do both. On the other hand I had to have someone there with me doing central line dressing changes and the nurses there don't. And that's not a state thing, it's just facility.

:stare: seriously??

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Poisonary posted:

My first facility required cosigning on Epic for subq insulin. Next hospital did not, only insulin infusions.

For a short while, my L&D unit was requiring 2 RN paper signatures for Foleys because someone left the iodine swabs in the vag.

:stare:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Koivunen posted:

Keep your eyes/ears open for what is about to happen in Minnesota. Basically the entire state of nurses voted to authorize a strike.

Why? What happened?

Edit: Pining date announced! December 8th! So... drat... close...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

gently caress yes.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Good luck! I've also booked my nclex. I'm also giving uworld a go.

UWorld is what everyone is telling me to use, so UWorld it is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I did it!