Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chiken n' Waffles
Mar 11, 2001
edit: This probably wasn't the best idea to post this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiken n' Waffles
Mar 11, 2001
I'm looking for a bit of advice.

A friend of mine was recently "discharged" from her work due to it being a fairly lovely place to work. In your reply please take the story as is, and don't volunteer up alternate versions of what happens.
She was frustrated with a patient who was refusing to take medication and while she was speaking to him, in a direct, deep, loud manner someone passed by and thought she was verbally abusing the patient. However, this patient is deaf, and by request of the family does not use his hearing aids. (He takes them out and throws them or breaks them.) His ability to hear is why my friend was speaking loudly.

The company she worked for fired her for poor work preformance 2 days later. She's been an R.N for 13 months, and is mentally broken. She's never recieved a single write up, or negative comment on any review as an R.N or her four years as a Nurse Aide. She feels that her career is ruined as she'll never be able to get a job, and she has no idea how to answer questions on applications on why she left her previous job. She's basically been crying in bed for the last three days.

I feel awful for her, knowing that she really cares about her patients. If anyone has any words of advice or anything experiences I can relate to her, that would be great.

Chiken n' Waffles
Mar 11, 2001
Looking for any advice.

My lady is a R.N. and has been working at an retirement home for the last 3 years. However, she works about 50 miles away working the 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. shift and it's just not a commute that I like as I don't think it's very safe.

Since we moved out here to Northern California from Ohio she's not sure where she should apply or, more importantly, where she should begin looking. She doesn't have the connections that she would know back in Ohio as we don't know a ton of people. A lot of the staffing agencies and offers she has recently gotten are mostly temp work or contract over a limited time and she really does't want to do that.

Anyone have any suggestions on how and where she should begin her look for a new place of employment?